1997 Ford E-250 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford E-250:

1997 Ford E-250 Owner Comments

Feb 282009

E-250 Triton V8 5.4L Litre

I was driving down the road one day and heard a loud popping noise and then a pretty loud exhaust leak. Crawled under the vehicle to see if the exhaust pipe had come apart. No problems there, so I investigated further. I took the engine cowling off and proceeded to run my hand over the top of the engine feeling for an exhaust leak. Described my problem to the local auto parts store and he thought it might be a diverter. Took out what I thought was a diverter and took it to the parts store for further identification. He said it was a coil. Hmm, now I didn't realize each spark plug had it's own coil. Upon further investigation, I realized the spark plug had blown out, along with it's coil. Searched on the web for my particular problem and how to fix it, and found out there are thousands of people complaining about this very same issue. Ford needs to do something!

- , Redmond, OR, USA