9.3

1. install helicoil in cylinder head (2 reports)
  3. replace engine (2 reports)
2002 Ford E-350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford E-350:

2002 Ford E-350 Owner Comments

Sep 142016

E-350 RV 5.4L

I had a turn up of all 8 spark plugs in 2013 but the check engine light came on. No one could find out why. Ford dealers refused to service because it was a 22ft RV. I paid 370.00 for a Kia dealer to do tune up as required at 101,437 miles. They started doing RV under hood work. In June 2016, driving down I-65 in Birmingham Al. a spark plug blew out and severe noise occurred. It was Sunday and had to have a mechanic come out to road because dealers were closed. It cost $210.00 total for parts and labor to get me going and home. September 14, 2016 the same spark plug plus 1 more blew out on US 20 Portage, In, terrible loud noise. Drove to nearest car center cost, it cost 376.00 to temporarily fix problem and an estimate of 4500.00 to solve the problem and prevent spark plugs from blowing out while driving. The Mechanic said Ford knows this was a factory error but no recall because there was not any fires from this., There is a class action lawsuit settled on 2004-2008 5.3L at www.fordsparkplugsettlement.com but not for my year. The spark plug holder cracks and will blow out if I drive at a high speed. It is loud driving on 7 plugs rather than 8 and it uses enormous amount of gas. Can't get dealers to help me because it has an RV on it's chasis. I am a 501c3 foundation that talks to veterans and give shoulder massages in their neighborhoods to help combat PTSD so the vehicle is important. I paid for it myself. Can anyone help me with this problem or having a similar problem with their F-350 5.4L engine?

- , Gary, IN, USA

Jun 252015

E-350 XL 5.4L

Not going to go off.... Ford should just step up and take responsibility and fix the issues that are theirs.

- , Edgewater, MD, USA

Apr 062012

E-350 superduty

Spark plug blew out of our engine while we were driving 65 mph on I 75 home from Florida,scary broke down on highway.

Cost $550.00 to fix and now I am worried that this will happen to all the other plugs.

- , Kirtland, OH, USA

Jul 122012

E-350 Super Duty Tritan

Took the van to the store. Upon returning from store started the van, there was a loud explosion as if a bomb went off. Everyone looked because it was so loud. Turned the van off and restarted it. It sounded like a drag car at the track, no exhaust system at all. Took cow off and looked inside, found the spark plug with the boot laying on top of the valve cover or intake, not sure there is no room and just enough to get two fingers in to retrieve it. I had noticed a little ticking earlier in the day like an exhaust leak, but did not find one. Had vehicle towed to repair shop, where it is now. Not sure what will happen next.

- , Maurertown, VA, USA

Feb 022011

E-350

I have a 2002 Ford E350 with less than 50,000 miles and this is the third (3) ejected spark plug. I am going to make a video documentary if anybody wants to include there story please contact me.

- , Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jun 072009

E-350 Superduty 5.4L V8 Triton

had to install helicoil because of blown plug. this was a factory installed plug and the problem took out the coil also

- , Stoneham, MA, USA