- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
1997 Ford Escort
Worst 1997 Escort transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- erratic shifting1
- transmission failure1
- transmission slipping1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission18
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escort Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Escort compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escort overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escort.