$3,100.00

1. switch out all timing chains (1 reports)
2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Jul 232010

Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L V6

The timing chain broke at 133K mi and the shop said it would be better to buy a remanufactured engine for $3,400 then pay the labor, $2,400 plus parts to switch out the chains. 133K miles... I think a timing belt would have lasted longer 9 out of 10 times. I have enjoyed my truck outside this pain and had a lesser annoyance when I had to replace my ball joints/control arm at 78K (Highway only) miles.

- , Katy, TX, USA