- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2001 Explorer Sport Trac Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- transmission problems46NHTSA complaints: 20
- engine problems12NHTSA complaints: 37
- body / paint problems7NHTSA complaints: 25
- suspension problems7NHTSA complaints: 15
- drivetrain problems6NHTSA complaints: 11
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 10
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 12
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 9
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 13
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Sport Trac Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Explorer Sport Trac compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer Sport Trac overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer Sport Trac.