- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2001 Explorer Sport Trac Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems48NHTSA complaints: 18
- engine problems13NHTSA complaints: 31
- suspension problems9NHTSA complaints: 9
- body / paint problems8NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problems6NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 9
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 12
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 13
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Sport Trac Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Explorer Sport Trac compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer Sport Trac overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer Sport Trac.