1. raising steering wheel to top position is temp fix (1 reports)
  2. replace wiring harness (1 reports)
2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Jun 042006

Explorer Sport Trac V6

I've been reading all these problems with the sport trac nd ford not taking care of them, it is not right....How many people have to die before something is made to happen? I'm thinking if I were those ppl who got hit because of this problem I would be having a good hungry lawyer after ford.......It's proven there is a SAFETY problem here they should be addressing.....I have along with my whole family been ford drivers forever....when time for new, ford is good-bye......

- , Lake Wales, FL, USA

Aug 152008

Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L V6

I have driven 99.9% of the time. Friend was following me in my FEST. 40 miles later in Dallas, he ask if I had trouble with turn signals not working? We checked and also no brake lights or flashers. Checked fuses, etc. I got in and moved steering wheel to highest position everything came back! It's recreatible! On Christmas Day, as I left house, no turn signal, etc. No I need to hold the steering wheel up (higher then top position) to activate them.

- , Bedford, TX, USA