1. i had to pay for new front rotors and brakes, not covered (1 reports)
2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Dec 032007

Explorer Sport Trac LX

I called and emailed Ford directly about my brakes failing because there was NO warning, no squeek, nothing. One minute I had brakes the next I didn't and drove directly to the dealer and was told my front pads were worn out and they damaged the rotors and with these new rotors there is not grinding them, you have to replace them because they are so thin. I was told that was the new design of the rotors, way to get money out of your customers Ford. We just bought a new car and thought we would always buy Ford like we have for the past 23 years, but guess what we bought a Subaru!

- , Graham, WA, USA