2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Sep 122002

Explorer Sport Trac 6-cyl

To whom it may concern: I just read the article on the Ford escape (4/13/04) recall at I bought my truck in September 2002. This engine stalling/stuttering and dying is exactly what my Ford Explorer Sport Trac has been doing since the 2nd day (30 miles) of ownership. I have taken my vehicle in to the dealership numerous times, with documentation, and they say they can find nothing wrong. I have sent several letters to the FordS dispute settlement board. They stated in their summary that I could not be helped because I have not been inconvenienced enough. I hope I can get some assistance with this. Ford has refused to assist me. My vehicle, just today, again hesitated and chugged for some time. It is like the fuel is not getting to the carburetor. This vehicle is dangerous. Lucius (bud) angell

- Granite Bay, CA, USA