2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Jun 102003

Explorer Sport Trac 4WD 6-cyl

I purchased a new 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac this year and the headlights are made so that you cannot adjust them for side vision. I have had the truck to two different dealers and the technicians say that it is a design fault. Driving this vehicle at night is comparable to having tunnel vision. My truck is equipped with fog lights and they do help with the side vision but they only work on low beam. Even with the fog lights the area to the side of the truck are blacked out. In the months that I have had this vehicle I have only driven about six times at night. I do not know anyone else that owns a similar truck so I haven't been able to find out if everyone has this problem or just me.

- Clarksville, TX, USA