6.7

$3,200.00

2. rebuilt transmission (1 reports)
2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

May 122009

Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4.0L

I love driving my truck but when I get in my truck to drive in downtown traffic and the truck shifts hard then the O/D light flashes. What is going to happen next. I like my truck but worried to get the transmission fixed reading that does not fix the problem and the money involve in fixing. I do not have money growing on my tree in the back yard. Any updated fixes since the last posting?

- , Mount Juliet, TN, USA

Jan 042013

Explorer Sport Trac LXT 3.6L

When looking online so many other people have had the same problem seems as if FORD would have done a recall or fixed the problem...Being a single parent this money does not fall off of a tree...

- , Hazlehurst, GA, USA

Jun 012006

Explorer Sport Trac XLT V6

i have my exp xlt at 40000 miles over drive come out and since that i have gone to different mechanics and all different stories. i spoke with a lot of ford owners and we all agree that ford should make a recall for the ford exp 1999-2003 they all have the same problem if was a foreign company, i'm positive that we'd be asking for a recall .

- , Bronx, NY, USA

Oct 022011

Explorer Sport Trac LX 3.2L V6

THE CAR IS RUNNING OK, BUT AFTER SOME MILES RUNNING THE O/D LIGHT STARTED BLINKING, THEN THE TRANSMISSION STARTED HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE 2ND GEAR, TURN OFF THE CAR THEN START IT AGAIN. THE LIGHT IS OFF AND EVERYTHING RUNS GOOD AGAIN AFTER A FEW MILES . CHANGE THE TRANSSMISION 3 TIMES, SAME THING, CHANGE THE POWER TRAINER( COMPUTER) AND STILL DOING THE SAME

- , Adelanto, CA, USA

Sep 172011

Explorer Sport Trac XLT 3.2L V6

O/D LIGHT BLINKING, CHANGE THE TRANSMISSION 3 TIMES(DIFFERENT ONES) AND THE COMPUTER (PTC) AND STILL THE SAME PROBLEM. WHEN START THE CAR TRANSMISSION RUNS EXCELLENT BUT AFTER A FEW MILES DRIVEN THE O/D LIGHT START BLINKING AND THE TRANSMISSION START HAVING PROBLEM ON THE 2ND GEAR. I VERY DESPERATE, I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO.

- , Adelanto, CA, USA

Dec 242007

Explorer Sport Trac XLT V6

I had heard about Ford Transmissions from friends and that I would be in trouble by

buying this truck. I guess I was one of the lucky ones that had this happen at this time

with 120000 miles on it but i have only had it for a little over 4 years. Since I now

have a rebuilt transmission in it with a 3 year/75000 warranty, I guess I will keep the t

truck for that time. Hopefully nothing else major will go wrong with it.

- , Milton, NY, USA