2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Feb 212011

Explorer Sport Trac

Transmission went out at 89,000 miles. This is the second Ford I've had that the transmission went out at 89,000. I have also had several brake issues that Ford refused to address after extended warranty expired.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Mar 162007

Explorer Sport Trac 4WD 6-cyl

With no advance warning, the O/D off light began flashing and the transmission began to slip. Mechanic said the transmission is shot. I have not done any of the work yet, as I can not afford $3000 in repairs. I have since found out that this problem occurs on a large number of Ford Explorer.

- Ralston, NE, USA

Nov 152003

Explorer Sport Trac 6-cyl

This Ford Explorer Sport track was bought new. I previously had a Ford Explorer. The reason I traded was because of the roll over rate. The dealership where I purchased this vehicle gave me a run down on the newly designed Explorer tellin me that the new design had corrected the roll over problem in whick Ford Motor Company has had several law suits. I have two grandchilden we are raising and I most curtainly don't feel safe in this vehicle after reading the articles on this site and the article in the fort worth star telegram. I have had this vehicle in the shop twice for transmission problems and powersteering problems. Both times they said they found nothing. Please advise me in what I should do.

- Stephenville, TX, USA