2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Jun 262006

Explorer Sport Trac 4WD 6-cyl

This vehicle was purchased brand new in October 2004. Six months along the car shut down as I was driving and failed to turn over. Car was towed to the dealer where originally purchased and after four days car was returned to me. Had no problems for the next 6 months. In February 2006 on my way home from work one evening, the car stalled once again. Same situation. I had the car towed to another Ford dealer. Three days later got it back, they claimed the first time the car was not fixed correctly. Yesterday June 26th I was about to get on the highway with my children in the car and as I am driving on the ramp to the brooklyn queens expressway it dies once again. This is the third incident with the same problem. I feel so unsafe in this car. Imagine if it had shut down on me on the highway as I was driving. I would hate to think what would've happened. The car is a 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA