2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Mar 252009

Explorer Sport Trac

Ford Sport Trac Explorer was T boned on the passenger side of the truck. The truck spun and rolled hard onto the drivers side. No passengers were in the truck at the time and would explain why the passenger side air bags did not deploy, due to the subsequent roll onto the drivers side and the extent of the damage to the drivers side as a result of the rollover I don't understand why the side impact airbags failed to deploy on the drivers side. The truck is a write-off per my insurance company. I contacted Ford customer relations about my concerns and seeking reassurance that this was not a isolated problem or indeed an issue that would go unnoticed. While the customer relations person was sympathetic she could offer no more help other than to advise me to contact my local Ford dealer. I spoke with Ford dealer, service manager and he said he was not aware of problems concerning the airbags. The truck is currently in the possession of my allstate insurance company in a yard somewhere in memphis tn.

- Bartlett, TN, USA

Jun 092006

Explorer Sport Trac 4WD 6-cyl

Side impact on drivers door @ 20 mph, side airbags failed to deploy; yet all airbags on the vehicle(concorde) hitting me deployed. Ford say nothing is wrong....

- Pottsville, PA, USA