3.1

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Mar 182013

Explorer Sport Trac 6-cyl

Parked vehicle. Turned off ignition. Key would not release from the ignition. Cycled the auto shift lever to make sure in park. At this point noted that I could shift out of park without my foot being on the brake. Very dangerous. I was able to remove the key by pulling the ignition fuse. I pulled the fuse and removed the key. Reinstalled the fuse. Was still able to shift out of park without my foot on the brake. I left the car sitting for a while and noted that the battery had completely drained down. I was able to jump the car off to start it. If I leave the ignition fuse in, the battery will completely drain down again.

- Winston Salem, NC, USA