2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Comments

Oct 112010

Explorer Sport Trac

2010 Ford Sport Trac sudden acceleration. Twice. Sept 2, 2010 I rolled to a stop at a stop sign and lightly applied the brake. The engine began to rev as if it were in neutral. The engine engaged and the car lurched forward twice. I turned off the key. October 11, 2010 I rolled to a stop at a stoplight and applied the brake. The engine began to rev as if in neutral then the engine engaged and the car lurched forward twice. I had people in the vehicle with me and the car in front of me moved into the intersection on the red light to avoid being rear-ended. The dealership could find nothing wrong with it. Several mechanics were listening to my description and said it sounded like a throttle over-ride.

- Presque Isle, MI, USA