CarComplaints.com Notes: Welcome to North America, Ford Fiesta. Thanks for bringing your herky-jerky transmission, numerous interior quality complaints, and an engine that dies while driving.

2011 Ford Fiesta body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Fiesta:

2011 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Apr 012014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Opened passenger side rear door to put child in car carseat. Shut the door, got in and started car. When I started to reverse the door open alert came on. Got out of car thinking I just didn't shut the door hard enough. The door would not latch. Have not gone to dealership because bumper to bumper warranty is up. From what I have read there is a back order on the part I need to fix it. I have the door tied to the inside of the car and the door open notification constantly comes on as well as the inside lights. Luckily I noticed this before pulling off or the situation could have been life threatening for the kids! I hope that Ford recognizes this problem and does a recall!

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Jul 162014

Fiesta 4-cyl

After unloading groceries the passenger (right side, rh) rear door wouldn't stay shut. It would close all the way, but the latch mechanism wouldn't keep the door closed. This is a 4 door car + hatchback and this is the door we use the least. Called Ford about the problem and the part is on back order everywhere. This part is specific to the Fiesta rear door, the front door latch is different as are Focus door latches. I think this is a very dangerous problem due to the door not staying shut. We were lucky it happened when stopped in our driveway.

- Woodlawn, TN, USA

Jun 212014

Fiesta 4-cyl

The right (passenger side) rear locking mechanism failed, resulting in the door no longer latching closed. The door would not stay shut at that point. Dealer reported the locking mechanism needs to be replaced completely. This is a major safety issue- car is too unsafe to drive and insecure because it cannot be locked.

- St Petersburg , FL, USA

Jun 022014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Passenger rear door lock won't lock, and door flies open. This has been reported on this site before. No help from dealer/Ford so far. This is a safety issue and should be handled/resolved as such.

- Rowlett, TX, USA

May 242012

Fiesta 4-cyl

Vehicle was in a minor 'fender bender' during rush hour - stop and go - traffic. Airbags did not deploy and damage to the 2011 Fiesta ses was fixable. Very minimal damage (dent) to car in front of my vehicle. My vehicle went from fixable to igniting and a total loss.

- Holland, MI, USA

Apr 252011

Fiesta 4-cyl

At crossroads Ford, prince george, Virginia: This 2011 Ford Fiesta...service engine soon light came on..dealership checked car tsb(power train central module-for transmission) only re-set/re-programmed transmission computer.(April 25,2011. On November 4,2011...I took vehicle back to morganton N.C.Ford dealership.. my Fiesta would not start and after 4 attempts to start the car it hesitated and started it jerked and sounded like it was badly missing....when driven to dealership the vehicle service engine light came on...it would not shift gears properly and the rpms went to 3000rpms before shifting into any gear. Dealership stated vehicle didn't have a problem and again re-programmed and up-dated the transmission computer. I was very upset. In December 22,2011: Transmission gears not shifting properly. I took vehicle to local morganton, N.C. Ford dealership...they tested the PCM..it passed.tested tcm passed all controls. Then tried to tell me...it was only a low-battery problem...but had to re-set the transmission computer a third time.then on February 25,2012...Fiesta hatch-back lock would not lock to stay shut. I promptly took vehicle to morganton, N.C. Ford dealership and the car is still there to be repaired and a part is on order. To fix this lock. I was given a rental vehicle. I intend to sue Ford Motor Corp via N.Carolina lemon law I am a very-dissatisfied customer>..my car is a piece of crap.

- Morganton, NC, USA