Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Welcome to North America, Ford Fiesta. Thanks for bringing your herky-jerky transmission, numerous interior quality complaints, and an engine that dies while driving.

2011 Ford Fiesta brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Fiesta:

2011 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments

Aug 232016

Purchased 02/26/16 since purchase breaks have locked up 7 times, took to original dealer of purchase 8 times in first two months of purchase by the time they get car they find nothing wrong taken to Ford dealership 3 times they replaced censor states it will fix problem and has not have almost gotten in several accidents because breaks lock up and prevent car from going forward and unable to move.

- Harlem, GA, USA

Apr 212016

From a stand still up until speed, every gear shift is meet with a shudder and feels like it slips while the transmission chages gear. Just recently the car started to jerk and stutter and I barely made it home. The rpms rise and dip and is undriveable. It has been brought in for transmission module reprogramming and inspection of transmission fluids. I thought in the past that the shaking and stuttering was normal, according to Ford that is normal. It's not that when my car started jerking and sputtering that I realize something is very wrong.Ford did give me an extended warranty for up to 70K miles. Also, I notice that when the surface is wet and I break gradually on a wet surface ie, painted street dividers, painted street signs or oil, ABS will break the vehicle, the vehicle will lock up causing it to slide and then when I get on the gas pedal the car will be unresponsive to my gas pedal input. Basically, I wouldn't be able to get out of hands way because the cars power to move for 2-3seconds is non existent.

- South San Francisco, CA, USA

Oct 212015

Currently driving my car with a bad clutch assembly because the part is on back order because of a customer satisfaction bulletin from Ford Motor Company. Driving today and the vehicle in front of me came to an abrupt stop. I came within an inch of rear ending the vehicle because when I put my brakes on my cars the clutch would not do downshift to stop my car. Had to steer to the right onto curb to avoid hitting the car in front of me, came within an inch of hitting the car. The dealer service department told me putting in a new clutch will not fix the problem because they are putting in the same defective part. This is my second clutch assembly within 7,000 miles.

- Trenton, MI, USA

May 012015

Fiesta 4-cyl

Brake rotors have rusted to the point of grinding during normal driving. Ford refuses to fix the issue.

- Grand Blanc, MI, USA

Feb 022015

Fiesta 4-cyl

Car cannot be driven in snow. If trying to start from a complete stop in 1" of snow, the traction control will cut power to the wheels, leaving you stuck in place. This is very dangerous as it can leave the driver stuck in the middle of an intersection as happened to me today. Ford has since added a way to disable the traction control, but this model year is extremely dangerous in the snow.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Jan 092014

Driving on the freeway going normal speeds the "transmission failure" message popped up on my dash and the car started viscously jerking. The car had trouble stopping as if the brakes couldn't function properly cause the transmission was out. My car would fiercely jerk forward when I was coming to a stop that I then noticed I had to stop further back than normal in fear of the car jerking forward to hard and hitting the car in front of me. When I finally parked and was ready to go to a well lit area the car started up perfectly normal and the transmission failure message was gone. Took it to Ford and they couldn't understand the severity of the issue due to the fact that the car basically "fixed itself." I then asked them if it is going to take someone getting into an accident for them to recall the transmission on this car and they only told me "there's nothing they can do about it". they saw an issue and told me it would be approx. 3 thousand dollars to fix the car is only 2 years old. Ford also told me the car isn't safe for me to drive on the road. Yet they don't see that as a reason to not recall the cars to get it fixed since I'm positive my car isn't the only one that has done this. I guess myself almost getting into and accident and causing injury to myself and others is not a good enough reason for them.

- Fontana, CA, USA

Jun 092011

Fiesta 4-cyl

Coming to stop you start to speed up why you are pressing on brakes, do to the fact that the brake pedal and gas pedal are to close to each other.

- Sussex, NJ, USA

Dec 072011

Fiesta 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, the brakes emitted a very loud noise. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who stated that the noise was caused by dirt and the brakes needed to be cleaned. The remedy failed to repair the problem. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and did not offer any assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 13,000 and the current mileage was 15,000....updated 08-03-12

- Los Lunas, NM, USA

Mar 202012

Fiesta 4-cyl

Gas sticks, brakes make noise too stop car, gas speed control wide open hard too stop car, brakes not working well.......almost killed someone!!!!!!!!!!!.....stupid rent a car from enterprise....

- Culver City, CA, USA