CarComplaints.com Notes: Welcome to North America, Ford Fiesta. Thanks for bringing your herky-jerky transmission, numerous interior quality complaints, and an engine that dies while driving.

2.8

2011 Ford Fiesta miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Fiesta:

2011 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 302016

Fiesta

This car was purchased with 54,195 miles on the odometer, it now has 58,000 miles 3000 of which I've didn't put on it. I drive locally, around town, don't even drive/go out sometimes 1 or 2 days wkly; I don't know how/why the excessive mileage is displayed. Perhaps for every mile driven, several more are included in the computer? the dealer checked on their computer system, and supposedly the their systems match. Since Jan. 2016, I figured to have driven, approx. 1000 miles. I am concerned furthermore, because I purchased an extended warranty on this car, and I don't want inaccurate mileage to void the warranty's stipulation. If there are any other occurances, with other owner's of this car type, please report it and have your mechanic check it out.

- Bridgeport, CT, USA

Aug 042016

Fiesta

The transmission has caused numerous problems and ultimately crashed suddenly with warnings of dysfunction malfunction.

- Plymouth, MI, USA

May 172016

Fiesta

My car says its not in park when its is in park. I have had this car for 15 months have had nothing but issues...I walked out to my car to get in to leave for work and it would not start. The car states its not in park when its in park...

- Monticello, IN, USA

May 122016

Fiesta

Door handle stuck in pull out position which I didn't notice. When making left turn car door flung open. No warning sensor on dashboard indicating door malfunction. Passenger was riding with seat belt on, very scary potentially fatal. I was pulling out of home development onto main road.

- Pontiact, MI, USA

Apr 292016

Fiesta

Tcm has been fixed three time in the last year under warranty. The extended warranty to 150,000 miles will be here before I know it. The transmission still shutters between 1st and 2nd gear. Also my speakers started crackling even with the radio turned off. While driving or having the car turned on my radio randomly pops and there is no sound from the radio, cd player, sync etc. It's scary thinking my car is only 5 years old and the system seems to be failing. I maintain my car regularly and to have transmission issues non stop and now the radio.(which I had a 2000 Ford Focus for 12 years and it never had these issues)

- Fayetteville, PA, USA

Apr 262016

Fiesta

My 2011 Ford Fiesta SE will not start. Electrical issues, PCM possibly. When you try to start the car all lights flicker, battery is fine and continues to attempt to start even after the key is turned back in non-starting position. The radio and usb/charging ports don't work either. This potential repair is going to cost me more than this thing is worth. Ford shouldn't sell crap. I bought this car because I needed reliable safe transportation not to have a money pit with no transportation and a loan. I literally just spent $1000 at a garage for maintenance and it wouldn't start when I went to pick it up yesterday. Now the Ford dealership is guessing pm! I shouldn't have to pay for this, Ford should recall the PCM and fix the electrical or stop ripping people off with garbage.

- Johnstown, NY, USA

Nov 012015

Fiesta

My 2011 Ford Fiesta began giving me problems at about 28,000 miles. It is now 35,000 miles and I have been having problems accelerating out of a stop. It will jerk, rev and shudder getting up to 30 mph. I have taken care of a few recalls and I have noticed a 5 mile drop in the mpg. I take good care of my car, I have the oil changed regularly and I often take it to a mechanic to ensure it is in good working condition. This only happens when I am driving the Fiesta for a while in a city setting so I have to start and stop quite a bit. Additionally, there has been a consistent clunking noise when I turn the wheel at low speeds. Have brought it in a few times and no one has even attempted to fix it.

- State College, PA, USA

Nov 082015

Fiesta

Door handle came off driver side door when trying to open door. Car was parked in a restaurant parking lot. Appears to be a problem with attachment to the inside of the door. Calling dealership to have fixed.

- West Orange, NJ, USA

Sep 152015

Fiesta

After being in park at a gas station, I go into drive and start to go when the cars shudders, screeches, halts, and then loses power. I was able to start the car again, but when I pressed the gas there is no power. I try to put the car in park, and though the gear is in park an alert comes up telling me to put the car in park. Car will not go into park. Keeps rolling. Have to use my emergency break to stop the car. Paid out of pocket to have the car towed to the nearest Ford dealership. They said they were "pretty sure" it was the transmission control module. 5 days after bring it to them I call and find out that they have reprogrammed the transmission control module and something with the clutch. The problem is still not fixed. I haven't even been able to talk to the mechanic personally, but the lady at the service desk said "it's really thrown him for a loop. It definitely seems to be something with your transmission, but diagnostics says nothing is wrong with the car". this is going to kill someone. Period. It could've killed my boyfriend, my friend, my unborn baby and myself. I'm am furious with Ford. I have read hundreds of complaints from other people have the same problem with the same car. How has this not been recalled"?"

- Central City, KY, USA

Jun 162015

Fiesta

The car stalled while in stop and go traffic on the interstate, the mechanic told me the throttle body gasket failed as it is not thick enough due to the taper at the point of contact to the throttle body.

- St. Paul, MN, USA

Sep 172013

Fiesta

September 2013- whining/grinding noise in car. Nothing found. All 4 tires replaced (was told the sound was the tires). Sound was still there after tires were put on. Was told it was "normal". February 2014- transmission whine, grinding noise, car shudders when changing gears. Ford replaced the clutch assembly (first clutch replacement). May 2014- grinding noise in car. Ford checked the wheels, nothing found. July 2014- transmission whine, grinding noise, shudders in between gears. Ford replaced clutch (second clutch replacement). Also, gas tank was slow to fill. Ford replaced gas tank. August 2014- gas still slow to fill. Ford adjusted filler neck. October 2014- car overheated, stranded me at a gas station. Had to get car towed to the Ford dealership. Ford replaced cooling fan. February 2015- replaced serpentine belt (believe this was damaged when car was hit on the interstate by a crate that flew out of a truck 2 months prior. Insurance covered repairs at the time, but believe the damages to this belt was missed.) April 2015- transmission whine, grinding noise, shudders when shifting gears. Ford replaced clutch assembly (third clutch replacement). Took 2 months for parts to come in because they were on national backorder. Ac was also not cooling. Ford replaced the rt valve. The car now has 125K miles on it and our warranty has run out. Called Ford this week to launch a complaint and was told they couldn't do anything else because the warrant was out (warranty was good thru 125K miles). There are thousands of people who have the same issues. I do not understand how this is not a recall item yet. This transmission has slipped and on more than one occasion, my family and I were almost hit because of the car stalling. Why do you have to wait until someone gets killed to recall something"?"

- Clanton, AL, USA

Mar 152015

Fiesta

As I was merging into traffic on a major highway, at around 35 mph my car suddenly bogged down and almost stalled before regaining power and I barely avoided getting run over by other vehicles. This transmission is very erratic and has since stalled and surged forward without cause. I am pretty much afraid to drive it in traffic. Some days, it does pretty good, but on others, it can be very tricky and dangerous to drive. I have to back out into the highway from my driveway and it has just stayed in a neutral gear when I had it in drive at times. This car is very unsafe and I don't see how Ford Motor Company can get away with such unsafe issues.

- Asheboro, NC, USA

May 302015

Fiesta

I opened the passenger rear door to put a package on the back seat. When I tried to close the door, it would not stay closed. It would shut and bounce back open and would not latch. I tested the latching mechanism and confirmed that it would not engage. I had to have a passenger hold the door shut on the short drive home and had to secure the door to the other passenger door with a bungee cord. I have contacted a dealer and will have to have the entire latch replaced and I'm not sure it's covered by warranty at this point. This is an extremely serious safety issue that should be subject to a mandatory recall by Ford.

- Spanish Fort, AL, USA

Feb 112015

Fiesta 4-cyl

Front door does not lock when pushing button in middle of dashboard. Back passenger side door does not latch to stay shut. Door is held shut with bungies strung up under front seat, very ghetto. Part (latch) cost over $200 to fix.

- Albuquerque , NM, USA

Nov 222014

Fiesta 4-cyl

2011 Ford Fiesta SE, 47500 miles. Use back doors approximately once a month. I closed the back door on driver's side and it just bounced back at me. Could not shut door, will not latch, causes interior lights to stay on. Temp fix was to close the latch manually to turn off the interior lights then bungee the door as close to closed as I could - still has about a one inch gap for rain to get in or thieves - plus whenever I turned right the back door would open. No way to bungee it tighter. Took car to Ford dealer who acted surprised when I told them about the latch/lock. Cost: $420 to repair one door. Upon returning home searched the internet and found out this has been an ongoing problem for the Fiesta's doors and in no way should my dealer of been surprised. Called dealership back, no compassion - said if the locks ever get recalled then Ford would refund my money. I'm looking for a new car and it will not be a Ford. Will keep my receipt should the locks make the recall list. This is a major safety issue but I guess until someone is hurt or worse it will not be recalled.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Nov 192014

Fiesta

While driving at highway speed, the rear passenger door opened. After stopping, I found the latch on the door did not work.

- Spring, TX, USA

Nov 032014

Fiesta 4-cyl

A month and a half ago the rear passenger door refused to close. Today the driver side passenger door swung open while I was backing out of the driveway and would not close.

- Anthem, AZ, USA

Jun 102014

Fiesta 4-cyl

2011 Ford Fiesta ses, manual transmission: Car started stalling about 3 or 4 mos ago when I would come to a stop. Yesterday, it stalled as I was driving!!! now I don't dare get behind the wheel! I bought this car in '11 brand new and have had no problems with it until now. And now all I want to do is dump it!

- Riverside, CA, USA

Apr 042014

Fiesta 4-cyl

The car will stall when leaving from a stop. It has happened approximately 12 - 15 times since the first occurrence. Dealer is unable to find the problem as no codes are thrown. I am frustrated and scared as I am afraid it will stall in the middle of an intersection.

- Lexington, SC, USA

Apr 142014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Driving to work stopping at a red light, I saw the engine light come on and the transmission selector display flickering through the gears. On green I tried to go but, even though the car was in drive, it did not go but the engine revved. I waited for the next red, turned the car off and on, put it in drive and it went. It was parked all day. When I started it up again, the engine light was off, thinking it might have only been a glitch. I drove home onto I-295 at 65mph speed and all of sudden it started again, engine light on, transmission selector going through all gears, and I lost power to the wheel. Luckily I coasted to an off ramp, before I was flattened by semitractors. I turned the engine off and on, the engine light went off, and the car drove again. This happened 2 more times before I finally got it to the dealership. Now I am just waiting to hear from them.

- Mickleton, NJ, USA