Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Welcome to North America, Ford Fiesta. Thanks for bringing your herky-jerky transmission, numerous interior quality complaints, and an engine that dies while driving.

2011 Ford Fiesta seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Fiesta:

2011 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments

May 282016

Takata inflators. My husband was in a fender bender when the airbag went off and hit him in the face causing multiple facial fractures and a broken arm and his fingers shattered.

- Fillmore, UT, USA

Dec 012015

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. The contact received a manufacturers recall on the door. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 5 mph, when the driver's side air bag deployed without warning or impact. The contact cut the air bag off and drove the vehicle to the residence. There were no injuries reported. The contact stated that the horn, the air bag, and cruise control were no longer operable. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70, 000.

- Belington, WV, USA

Jan 072016

My car was not part of the airbag recall, so I did not worry about it. A few days ago I was in an accident, the damage was significant and the car totaled, there were several hits as the car was being bounced from one vehicle to another at highway speed, one of those vehicles being a semi. Not a single airbag deployed and as a result all those in the Fiesta got injured, one had to be taken to the er/icu and remains in a bad condition.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 052015

Took my car in twice for the tcm and it's even worse. Shuddering, electrical failures, loss of engagement while driving, and worst of all Ford is denying me service until I put another 1,500 miles on the car! not sure if this is even legal. Trying to press for a lemon law now.

- Ephrata, PA, USA

Jul 132015

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. While driving at 45 mph, the contact was unable to stop the vehicle and crashed into the rear of the preceding vehicle. The driver and passenger frontal air bag lights illuminated; however, the driver and passenger frontal air bags failed to deploy. A police report was not filed. The contact suffered injuries to the neck and chest. The front passenger suffered injuries to the chest. The driver and passenger required medical attention. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Apr 152015

Fiesta 4-cyl

Driver's side was struck and side airbags did not deploy. Door was shattered.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Dec 172014

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, a driver made a left turn and crashed into the front driver's side of the contact's vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained internal bruises that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 53,000.

- Jacksonville, NC, USA

Dec 132014

I was rear ended by a Ford F350 so hard that I hit the car in front of me, a Honda Accord. The back of my 2011 Ford Fiesta is smashed in and the front of the car, is smashed in. The back window is scattered, the sunroof slider fell back into the car, the front right wheel (passenger side) is bent, and the car does not turn on. I understand in rear end crashes the air bags usually do not go off, but when I hit the car in front of me, the air bags should have gone off.

- Corona, CA, USA

May 132014

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that while traveling 40 mph a collision took place. The air bags did not deploy. The air bag light on dashboard illuminated. The vehicle was towed. The failure mileage was 46,000 and the current mileage was 46,000.

- Webster , TX, USA

Jul 082013

Fiesta 4-cyl

This is my first new car and I thought I did a good job on my homework with the Ford Fiesta 2011 but I'm starting to have problems at 47,800 miles. First it was a recall on the "air bag" which I returned and the problem was fix as they stated. Secondly, I started notice from time to time the car would hestiate or get stuck in gear especiallly coming around corners. At one point the car was driving very sluggish and I express my concern to Ford and it was brought in immediately. The mechanic and myself took the car out for a test drive and as he drive he stated "I had to much air in the tires"......( ?). on 7/8/13 the check engine came on and I'm thinking what could be the problem at 40,000+ miles once again I called Ford and immediately the car was taken in for service. I was told it a sensor issues and they would have to order the part but the car was safe to drive. Once I received my vehicle back I notice the check engine light was not on and the car was driving extremely sluggish and it seem to have no power. The car was taken back for service on 7/16/13 to have the sensor removed and it was placed w/ " rear oxygen sensor" as they stated. Looking back, once the sensor was replaced the car was not the same. It was little over a week the car was back at Ford due to wheezing, high pitched and faint sounds. The car performance was poor!!!! Ford stated the transmission. It still baffle me at 47,880 I'm having a transmission problem....... I drove a rental provided by Ford until they fix my vehicle and I was given a call everyday rearding my vehicle. I pick up my vehicle on 8/2/13 and it stated " the tech removed and replace tranny" it doesn't say it new or extended warranty therefore I question the work that has been done on my vehicle?

- Patchouge, NY, USA

Apr 102013

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, another vehicle crashed into the contact's vehicle from the front driver's side. The air bags failed to deploy and although the contact was secured in the safety belt, he sustained a contusion to the head. The vehicle was destroyed. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not inspected. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 35, 961.

- Richmond , CA, USA

Sep 012012

Fiesta 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. The contact stated that the driver was traveling approximately 25 to 30 mph when another vehicle cut her off, causing a crash. Upon impact, the drivers side air bags deployed from the steering wheel and from the floor level. The air bag that deployed from the floor was sewed stitched on the outside and the seam was extremely sharp. The driver received lacerations her right wrist. The police were contacted and a report was available. The driver was taken to the hospital later on where she received stitches and believed there was also some nerve damage. The manufacturer was later contacted and they advised him that they would send out complaint forms, which he never received. The vehicle was later repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 15,000. The current mileage was approximately 16,000. Updated 12/19/12 updated 1/10/2013

- Deresden, OH, USA

May 242012

Fiesta 4-cyl

Vehicle was in a minor 'fender bender' during rush hour - stop and go - traffic. Airbags did not deploy and damage to the 2011 Fiesta ses was fixable. Very minimal damage (dent) to car in front of my vehicle. My vehicle went from fixable to igniting and a total loss.

- Holland, MI, USA

Sep 182011

Fiesta 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta. The contact was driving approximately 35 mph and making a turn when she crashed into a covert. The air bags did deploy on impact and the contact sustained a fractured back as a result. The police were contacted and a report was filed. The contact was transported to the hospital via ambulance. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was deemed as destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was approximately 18,000. Updated 11/03/11 the consumer stated the manufacturer has since been made aware of failure. Updated

- Lewiston, ME, USA

Jul 062011

In a car crash on July 6, 2011, a 2011 Ford Fiesta was hit by an oncoming car while the Ford was making a left hand turn coming out of a parking lot. The seven air bags supposedly in the vehicle, never deployed. The passengers in the car relied on lap belts and shoulder belts only. The Fiesta was traveling approximately 15 to 20 mph and the oncoming car, 50 mph. There is a question as to whether air bags were even in the car (stolen or taken out, etc).

- Beaverdam, VA, USA

Sep 282010

Airbag off light comes on frequently when adult passenger is seated in 2011 Ford mustang. Your web site does not allow me to select a Ford mustang from the drop down menu so my apology because you have to select some sort or vehicle to continue filing this complaint. The passenger airbag off light comes on at various stages of driving. My wife weighs 130 lbs and it goes off with her sitting there. It comes off and on at random times for as long as 30 seconds weather you are driving straight, around a corner, accelerating or decelerating. This problem started on my drive home from the dealership. I have had the vehicle in for servicing at maroone Ford of del ray beach, fl. Twice. The last time they kept the car for 6 days and told me every part associated with the airbag system was replaced. When I dropped the car off I showed them cel phone video of my wife in the seat, the car moving, and the airbag off light illuminated. The problem is still happening. This car is a convertible and I would have never purchased it if I would have known the kind of jeopardy that I was placing passengers in every time they ride in my car. The trouble is that you can be hit at any time and having the passenger airbag not working at various stages of normal driving is not acceptable in the least. I own other makes of cars with similar systems and have no problems. I did a search on the internet and found a lot of other people who have had this problem and they have posted their video on line documenting the problem.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA