3.2

2012 Ford Fiesta electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Fiesta:

2012 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 042014

Fiesta

Have had car towed to dealer once and jumped twice since spring of this year. I was told I don't use it enough! I go out about every other day. What if I went on vacation for a month" would I not be able to depend on my car when I returned" today, the light is on again! I was driving it on Sunday, today is Thursday! once it wouldn't start after I stopped at a stop sign. Luckily I was in a mall parking lot on the way to a very busy highway. Have had Ford all my life..would hate to stop now!! please look into this.I didn't write down the dates. The dealer would have them along with the company that does the free towing for 3 years.

- Clifton Park, NY, USA

Sep 042014

Fiesta 4-cyl

While trying to close the front passage door, the electrical door lock actuator fail to engage. I tried to close the door several times but couldn't. I tried to active the automatic door lock system on the dash broad but couldn't and the system displayed passage front door open. I contacted the dealer and they stated "I should have this fixed" and suggested to keep the door closed with a rope or bungee cord, which is unlawful in this state. I'm thank full this happen while the car was parked, but what if I was driving and the door disengaged causing an accident or hitting a person, object or another car. Food company should look into the cause for the malfunction of the electrical door lock actuator.

- Florence, AZ, USA

Mar 282013

Fiesta 4-cyl

Car started to jerk while trying to accelerate. And car started to turn off at red lights. And need to be started up again to get going.

- Indio, CA, USA

Jun 252014

Fiesta 4-cyl

The problem, or I should say 'the jam' as in door jamb, is that both side rear passenger doors on my 2012 Ford Fiesta are not working on the close. The doors won't stay closed or stay shut. When you try shutting either door it just bounces back out a little. Neither door will latch closed. Only 35,772 miles on my 2012 Fiesta when both rear passenger side door latches failed within 12 hours of each other. Is both doors failing at the same time just a coincidence" I think not. I think defective and dangerous! my Fiesta has never been involved in an accident, no body damage, no evidence of attempted break-ins and no apparent reason to cause 1, let alone both, rear passenger side door latches to malfunction and prevent closing of the rear side doors. And, absolutely no warning or indication of any looming or pending problem with the operation of either door nor my fingers, hands, wrists or arms" although I do get a bout-of-gout in my knee occasionally. I just opened each door normally to find it broken upon shutting. What I find extremely strange, and at this time still unexplained by anyone, is that both doors failed within 12 hours of each other in exactly the same manor. Seems like too much to be a coincidence, doesn't it. Read all info about the faulty door latches @ www.finley.tv.

- Bullhead City, AZ, USA

Feb 292012

Fiesta

Ford sync module stopped working and when you prompt the system to go into mobile apps sync responds "no mobile apps found." Took to Ford dealer and after days of troubleshooting got the module replaced. 2 days later it failed again. Its not my phone. Phone works just fine in exact same vehicle on lot.

- Falls City, OR, USA

Feb 282012

Fiesta

While driving the vehicle, driver was entering the freeway, the vehicle shifted through all the gears rapidly leaving the vehicle moving at ~40 - 45mph and not speeding up. The acceleration pedal was to the floor and the care didn't increase in speed and was almost rear ended because all other drivers on the road way were moving at ~60mph. The driver then let off the accelerator and pressed down again the vehicle then revved real high then shifted very hard and shook throwing the passengers forward and back causing a whip-lash type of movement among passengers. The vehicle often grinds while shifting and decelerating. Owner took the vehicle to dealership and the service department hours later called to report the vehicle is driving as expected and no issues with the vehicle and that the grinding gears was expected.

- Mesa, AZ, USA