2014 Ford Fiesta drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fiesta:

2014 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Oct 152013

The car slips gear and shudders at low speeds, and when coming from a complete stop or after slowing down. The dual clutches have now been replaced twice. This time around out seems to be worse than it was before.

- Chesterfield, VA, USA

Dec 142013

Fiesta 4-cyl

Transmission shutters when starting from stop and still does at 14,000. Miles. Road tested by beach Ford and verified.and repair invoice no.focs443177 at 10639 miles still have same problems after service.have notified Ford Motor Co.customer service and they have a file I believe on my problems with transmission power shift 6 spd auto me try to understand if this problem is fixable because my wife will not drive this car.

- Murrells Inlet, SC, USA

Aug 262014

Fiesta 4-cyl

I was driving down the highway going 60 mph. Then out of nowhere the car shifts down a gear and it just sits like that and doesn't shift back up so I have to do it manually. Also when I was getting up to 60 mph. The car then wouldn't shift in 6th gear like it was just stuck. This took me 5-10 minutes to finally get it to shift properly.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Jun 202014

Car jerks and shakes very hard at low and high speeds. Takes off by itself with a fast jerk and rolls backwards when at a complete stop. Car actually has lost power while try to accelerate onto a major high way.I was almost hit by a tractor trailer due to this issue. I'm very scared to drive this car and very much regret my very first purchase of a brand new car.

- Manassas, VA, USA

Sep 012013

Fiesta 4-cyl

-transmission is very jerky -car has a lot of hesitation after accelerating from a low speed or a stop -shuddering and grinding noise when stopping and accelerating when I first bought the car these issues were minor and I was told they would go away once the car got used to my style of driving but now they have become more severe and happening more frequently making this car a safety issue. When changing lanes and making turns the car is very unpredictable and may soon cause an accident. I have taken it into Ford numerous times and am always told this is how the car runs and these are normal functions for the transmission. I believe these cars need to be recalled and off the road before something serious happens.

- Cypress, CA, USA

May 042014

Fiesta 4-cyl

Driving on the highway at 65 mph car looses power you cant accelerate it hesitates and wants to shut off at times it does it wont go up hill and when approaching a stop light hesitates and shuts off you start it back up fine and it wont go transmission fails its automatic transmission does it once transmission warms up.

- Ponce, PR, USA