2014 Ford Fiesta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fiesta:

2014 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

May 052015

Fiesta

See attached statement word document for full details. I have owned this car for two years now, I purchased it in December of 2014. At the time I was commuting 120 miles daily to support a project. I was very early on the car began to jerk and shake. I retuned it first for a defective tire, defective backup sensor and unsafe transmission functionality. Kings Ford (cincinnati oh) replaced the tire (I had to pay for the tire), replaced the backup sensor (warranty) and ¿reset/updated¿ the transmission controls firmware. After this, I retuned the vehicle multiply times for unsafe transmission functionality. After about two more times of kings Ford ¿resetting/updating¿ the transmission controls firmware they finally replaced the clutches. This was at 20,000 miles. Since then I have taken the car to kings Ford two more times for unsafe transmission functionality. Each time they ¿reset/updated¿ the transmission controls firmware. Yesterday, I called Ford roadside to pickup the car and return it to kings Ford due to unsafe transmission functionality. Also, I have another faulty tire and the air handing actuators in the dash are making grinding sounds. I have had multiply near accidents due to the vehicles unsafe transmission functionality. The vehicle has disabled itself in high speed interstate traffic. I had navigate the car from the fast lane to the right shoulder without any available power. I narrowly missed a set of large commercial trucks! once at the side of the road, I had to cycle the ignition before the car would respond to accelerator inputs. There have been multiply other instances where the car fails to accelerate correctly when merging into traffic¿nearly being rear ended, certainly leading to a few road rage incidents.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Aug 042016

Fiesta

Transmission control module has been a recall on my car since 3 months after my purchase. Everytime I take the car in to be serviced they all say the same thing "nothing is wrong" but I have my cars vehicle health reports the past years and they all say the recall is an error my car has left me on the side of the road having to be towed, also had them suggest buying a new battery after a year is ridiculous, also the fan motor on the car has been replaced 2 times and the vehicle still overheats today as we speak. I bought this car brand new and it has been a awful worry everyday driving will it overheat or is the transmission going to go today" I believe this car has been a lemon from the day I bought it. Ford has also accepted their part in the transmission by offering to extend the warranty from 36000 to 150000. They know this is a problem. Ford is having me take my car to dealers all over trying to get them to fix the transmission all of the dealers say the same thing nothing is wrong. I would like the peace of mind I deserve from my new car purchase I pay my payment every month why cant I have that peace of mind" I have to leave work everytime they want me to take the car elsewhere and I bought this car for peace of mind. Why is it no one wants to do anything about it. A lemon is a lemon and another vehicle should be offered or something this is not right. 2 years of this constant battle over what is wrong with the car, why have the vehicle health report option if you want me to ignore what it is telling me> I don't get it.

- Granbury, TX, USA

Jul 252016

Fiesta

Purchased car in June 2014 and in September 2014 I began seeing the transmission module recall every time I did a vehicle health report took it in every time the report came back, every time the Ford place I bought it said they could do nonthing to help in early March the transmission completely quit and I had to have it towed only to have the Ford place tell me that I had to replace the battery. The car was barely 1 1/2 years old and so I did and they said that I could keep bringing the car back but Ford would not let the fix the module due to whatever. They did extend the transmission warranty from 36K to 60 K which leads me to this point I have had the car back at the dealer at least 3 more times each time I have to leave the car and it never gets fixed the milage is at 59 K now and I took it to a different dealer in another town today and they said it was fixed and I came back to work and did another vehicle health report and it is still showing as a factory recall I will upload the report to you. Also so the car has had to have a new fan put on it 2 different times for overheating I cant afford to have all this work done this car has caused me more pain than I can deal with. I have tried to trade the car and am upside down I have only this vehicle and must work and have never had such horrible luck with a new car this car is the most I have ever spent almost $17000. It is not right for this to be happening. When the car broke down and the transmission would do nothing I was stranded on the highway, I have complain with Ford and the dealer since I bought this car and nothing ever gets done.

- Granbury, TX, USA

Jul 052016

Fiesta

Transmission shutters and stalls while driving. Has been into dealership for fix, but only is temporary. Shutter and stalls always come back (problem since 2014)

Nov 182014

Fiesta

Transmission shutters and stalls while driving

May 182014

Fiesta

Transmission shutters and stalls when driving in traffic (lots of start and stop)

Jun 102014

Fiesta

I bought a brand new 2014 Ford Fiesta February 14th, 2014. Great car, great mpg, ect... I started having a jerking motion whenever I accelerated about 3 months into owning my car. I've brought my car in to get the transmission module and clutch fixed 4 times already and have gotten nowhere. Penske Ford kept telling me it was "within factory limits" and the clutch was backordered and that I "didn't need it anymore". I return my car to service about a month ago to be told that I really need a clutch and have for some time! again, clutch is backordered with no eta. My car now is unable to accelerate at all when I am merging into on coming traffic and it is now a safety concern. Ford refuses to take responsibility for their vehicle that I am paying monthly on. As far as I'm concerned they've lost a customer and will be confronted with many law suits on this issue. I feel that anyone with this year make and model feel the same way. Thanks for caring about your customers safety Ford...

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Jul 102015

Fiesta

This 2014 Ford Fiesta vehicle has some major transmission issues: Slipping, clunking, chugging, jerking, shuttering, and rattling when doing something as simple as pressing the gas pedal to accelerate when a traffic light turns green. This issue also occurs when I begin to come to a complete stop. I've only had the car for about five months and the issues have occurred throughout that time period. I have taken this vehicle to a Ford repair shop. The mechanic completed a reprogramming of some type. He informed me that the reprogramming typically resolves the issues that this vehicle is having; but the issues still remain, in fact, it's gotten worse. The hesitation of this vehicle to accelerate leaves me feeling unsafe. Motorists in passing vehicles are zooming by me as I am attempting to get this car to go. In addition, when I firmly press the gas petal, the car hesitates then begins to accelerate at a rapid speed. These issues occur while I am driving on the interstates, highways, streets, dirt roads, etc. It also does not matter if I am making a turn, shifting in drive or in reverse...the issues remain the same. Ford needs to be held accountable for these issues. It is terrible that they would not be concerned about the safety of their consumers. These safety issues were not mentioned on the carfax report. If they had been then I would not have purchased this vehicle.

- Carrollton, GA, USA

Jul 312014

Fiesta

The car shutters and loses power when accelerating at take off or low speed.

- Crestview, FL, USA

Oct 212015

Fiesta

Engine light came on in the middle of traffic on span leading to the gw bridge-message stated transmission hot, turn off vehicle for 6 minutes. Second message was "stop or speed-up" I had to navigate the car to the shoulder in rush hour and turn the car off. I called the dealer since it had been serviced a little over a week ago. They were suppose to address the recall items and reported transmission problem of excessive vibration of the transmission. Very dangerous!!!!!

- Denville, NJ, USA

Aug 182014

Fiesta

Vehicle has a defective transmission, it continues to have erratically issues while shifting gears or when getting ready to take off causing to have difficult driving and there are times when the car will not change gears fast enough when driving on the freeway. We have taken the car several times to the dealer and software updates have been made or module interface has been updated. We have records on maintenance performed on this car. We believe that the car is not safe to drive. Please help.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Oct 012014

Fiesta

Car stutters and jerks when moving slow, or coming from S stop. The dual clutches have been replaced twice already.

- Chesterfield, VA, USA

Aug 042015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. While driving at 60 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 8,500.

- San Jose , CA, USA

May 082014

Fiesta

The vehicle hesitates to accelerate as well as accelerates on its own

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Apr 062015

Fiesta

When putting the car into reverse it would grind and kick it into netural, shifting to 2nd to 3rd the stick shift woild make me go to 5th instead then go back to 3rd. Jerking when turning at an intersection making it difficult to make a safe turn.

- Mt. Laurel, NJ, USA

Jun 032014

Fiesta

The 2014 Ford Fiesta has a very sluggish shift between the first and second gears and the upshift bogs down as if the vehicle might stall. The transmission defect includes bucking, kicking, jerking, harsh engagement, and delayed acceleration and lurching. I had an incident when changing lanes at slow speeds when the transmission of my vehicle jerked and while the other driver was also partially at fault, the faulty transmission also contributed to a minor fender bender.

- Chantilly, VA, USA

Jul 072014

Fiesta

In July 2014, I attempted to accelerate from a stop across traffic in a 25-mile-an-hour zone and could not. The vehicle started the process of acceleration, moving me into oncoming traffic, and then hesitated while I was in the cross hairs of another vehicle. This hesitation continued even though I fully depressed the accelerator in an attempt to get the vehicle to respond. In short, I slammed the accelerator to the floor and the vehicle did not respond. I avoided an accident only because the oncoming driver took evasive action.

- Medina, OH, USA

May 212015

Fiesta

I was trying to merge on to the highway after stopping at a gas station. The car was unable to shift gears and speed up. It was moderately to severely shaking and shuddering. Because the car was unable to speed up in time I was forced off the road by the on coming traffic onto the the shoulder/grass area, with the other car needing to drive around me. This has been an issue since we purchased the car. The clutch was changed in October 2014 as per dealer, but in April 2015 same issues began developing. This has been the 3rd near accident with this car not properly accelerating on to the highway due to the shifting issue and causing a near accident. Outside these incidents, the car is generally difficult to control at low speeds as its acceleration and shifting ability continuously changes after a complete stop at a light or stop sign. It's quite challenging to explain the difficulty of driving this car because I've never had a car with such a poor consistency during acceleration. Some moments it will moderately jerk forward with a slight touch of the pedal (alarming especially during stop and go traffic), another moment you need to press the gas pedal all the way down to accelerate slowly on a flat/even surface and other times it moderately-severely shakes and shudders as the car tries to climb a minimal hill/elevation (all these events happen during the same 10-15 minute drive). The car drives "typically/normally" approximately 30-35% of the time, mostly after accelerating to over 20-25 miles per hour. I am highly concerned for the safety of my family when driving in this vehicle.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jan 152014

Fiesta 4-cyl

I purchased my Ford Fiesta new in December 2014. Within a few weeks it lags, sputters, grinds and seems to want to quit upon acceleration in low speeds. It has consistently done this for the year that I have owned it. I am worried that it will quit while accelerating into traffic.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Apr 012014

Fiesta 4-cyl

2014 Ford Fiesta SE with about 15,000 miles started having shuttering problems that are extremely violent and could cause loss of control and is thought to be a safety concern to driver and others on road. I have owns this car since brand new from the dealership. I started having problems with the powertrain around 14000 miles. The problem is a severe shutter problem when you accelerate. The only way to stop this problem when it is happening is to let the gas pedal out of give it a lot more gas. This can happen at any speed from 5 mph to 50 mph that I have experienced it. The shutter jerks the driver forward and backward very forcefully. I took the car in under warranty and was told that the this is normal and sent back home. At 15000 miles I took the car in and they said the dual clutch seal was leaking and therefore ruined the clutch. They replaced all parts and called to say it was complete. They left voicemail, and when I called dealership back they said the new parts had broke while on the test drive and they had to order exact parts again. Dealership took another few days to fix and then I received the car. Now Feb 2015 car is doing exact same thing and has 24000 miles on. The shuttering is a safety concern as it could result in my wife or I loosing control of the vehicle when it does this at high speed. I do not understand how this does not cause a safety violation? thanks for your time.