2009 Ford Flex body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Flex:

2009 Ford Flex Owner Comments

Feb 082010

Flex

I have a Ford Flex limited 2009, the tailgate closes by touching a button. When closing it beeps. If it hits something it is suppose to open back up. Similar to a garage door. My 7 year old child didn't realize it was closing and was struck by the door, pushing her to the ground causing a bump on her head. Meanwhile, the tailgate never stopped closing. I stood under it with my hands over my head pushed the button to see how much pressure it takes to activate the safety. The amount of pressure was amazing, if my 3 year old had gotten inbetween the tailgate closing and the bumper it would of done some major damage to him. It should have a more sensitive safety mechanism.

- Roseville, MI, USA