2005 Ford Freestar body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Freestar:

2005 Ford Freestar Owner Comments

Jul 102015

Freestar

I had received a letter of recall of my back row seat latch do to corrosion. I had taken my van in to be repaired they informed me that they would have to order the parts which took 2 weeks upon returning they informed me they need another part they forgot to order so I waited for my call back again.. within 2 months time I returned to have it worked on that is when they had told me it had begun to corrode N that they couldn't install the parts I asked them about the situation further & if it was safe to drive they had said yes & handed me my keys so upon leaving the dealership I had stopped for food on my way home I smelt burnt rubber then a thudding noise I had pulled over to check it out luckily I was to close to a family members house a piece had fallen off N was rubbing on my tire my tires had almost caught fire when luckily I had gotten the baby out before anything had happened the next day a mechanic had informed me a hole was burnt threw the floor where the wheel wells were N the tires almost caught fire he said he could weld the parts so frenchies Ford could fix what they had to fix.. the next day he informed me he had looked up the parts N came across this website stating it had been recalled I had told him what happened & informed me to take legal matters due to faulty parts. Please don't allow this to happen to anyone elts the thought of my baby being in the back seat while it could have caught fire is terrifying I wouldn't want to hear of it happening to another under the same circumstances especially a child. & now that there's a hole in the floor I'm uncertain what to do I haven't drove it since & quite honestly I'm afraid to.. P.S is this covered" whose @ fault? what can be done"

- Akwesasne, NY, USA

Jul 192014

Freestar 6-cyl

When going to put items in the back of the van, the hatch door suddenly came down and hit me in the back/shoulder leaving a bruise and some swelling. When trying to get out from under the door I bumped my head a little as it was very heavy! so, we were propping the hatch with a two-by-four while we try to figure out how to fix it. Then only a few days later, the handle to the hatch just came off into my hand when trying to open up the hatch! there had been no prior warning to either incident. Took it to a Ford dealer today and it cost $53.99 just to look at it to see what the problem was and they said it will be another $440 + tax to repair!!!!! this is only to repair the handle back onto the hatch just so that we can actually open it again and start using it again!!!!! we haven't even talked about the cost of repairing the shocks to the hatch, or whatever that issue is!!! the Ford dealer says the rod and cable has failed and needs replaced, but can't explain to me how this can happen with no prior warning, or why either incident happened at all. When looking online, this seems to be a common complaint with the Freestar, so why isn't there a recall on it"??? at the very least, why is it so expensive just to replace a handle????" Ford should fix this problem with a recall, or offer to re-pay customers!!!!!! I had a Windstar ('99) that we were constantly putting money into, including a completely rusted and almost cracked in half rear axle, but I was raised by a Ford family, so I bought this Freestar (2005), hoping for better results! what a joke!!!!! from the bad brakes that need replaced every 1 1/2 - 2 years, to the horrible rusting out of the body causing my 3rd row seats to detach, etc. Etc.etc....never again!!!!! Ford, please make it right!!!!!! I don't have over $500 sitting around to replace a door handle that definitely should last the life of the vehicle!!

- Barberton, OH, USA

Oct 222012

Freestar

The contact owns a 2005 Ford Freestar. The contact stated that water penetrated through the windshield and the engine covering. The engine covering clips failed to sustain and the water penetrate the power control module, causing the engine to stall. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 40,000.

- Romulus , MI, USA

Sep 202012

Freestar

The contact owns a 2005 Ford Freestar. The contact stated that while attempting to enter the vehicle through the right side door, the door failed to stop when contact was in the middle of doorway. The vehicle had power sliding doors which are supposed to stop if person was on the way. Also, the contact mentioned that the left side door failed too. The vehicle was taken to dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure and suggested that the automatic doors should be disconnected. The manufacturer was not made aware of the problem. The failure mileage was 108,900 and the current mileage was 109,500.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Jun 292012

Freestar 6-cyl

The anchor plate that houses the latch for the third row seats rusted out and completely detached from the vehicle. The plate is housed in the rear left tire hub. There is subsequently no way to use the third row seats and a large hole in the wall of the vehicle that is open to the outside. It is exactly the issue described in this New York times article: wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/27/Agency-upgrades-investigation-of-63000-Ford-Freestar-minivans-for-rust-condition/

- Champaign, IL, USA

Jun 082012

Freestar

The driver side wheel well is rusting out and the front mount of the third row seat is detaching from the body.

- Rock Islnd, IL, USA

May 282008

Freestar 6-cyl

I own a 2005 Ford Freestar model 's'. couple of days ago suddenly rear liftgate strut failed and it led liftgate to free fall on me when I was removing the stuff from the van. I was able to hold the liftgate in time but it still hit me on my head a little bit.

- Smyrna, GA, USA