- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 9 days ago
- November 28: Ford Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Dropped by Plaintiffs news | 13 days ago
- November 25: 2016 Ford Explorer Throttle Body Lawsuit Investigation Opened news | 16 days ago
- November 8: Ford Focus Purge Valve Focus of Lawsuit news | 33 days ago
- November 5: Ford Door Latch Recall Closes Ford Focus Investigation investigations | 36 days ago
2004 Ford Freestar
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Freestar was introduced in 2004, but it was essentially just a rebranded Windstar. While there was a redesign of the interior and exterior, the Freestar still inherited some of the design flaws of its predecessor.
Worst 2004 Freestar Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems63NHTSA complaints: 552
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 107
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 126
- body / paint problems7NHTSA complaints: 83
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 13
- AC / heater problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 82
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 259
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 17
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 79
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 25
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 29
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 26
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 22
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 18
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 3
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Freestar Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Freestar compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Freestar overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Freestar.