- April 27: Ford Recalls 285,000 Cars and SUVs in 5 Recalls recalls | 2 days ago
- April 12: Ford F-150 SuperCab Takes Top Crash Test Award news | 17 days ago
- March 31: Ford Recalls 48,000 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 29 days ago
- March 20: Ford Trucks Won't Be Recalled For Stalling Problems investigations | 40 days ago
- March 6: Judge Denies Ford's Motion to Dismiss Power Steering Lawsuit news | 54 days ago
2004 Ford Freestar
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Freestar was introduced in 2004, but it was essentially just a rebranded Windstar. While there was a redesign of the interior and exterior, the Freestar still inherited some of the design flaws of its predecessor.
Worst 2004 Freestar Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems61NHTSA complaints: 551
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 106
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 123
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 74
- AC / heater problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 13
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 75
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 250
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 17
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 79
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 25
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 29
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 25
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 22
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 18
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 3
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Freestar Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Freestar compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Freestar overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Freestar.