- September 22: Ford Shattering Sunroofs Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- September 8: Ford Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles Over Door Latches recalls | 17 days ago
- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 28 days ago
- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 31 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 49 days ago
2004 Ford Freestar
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Freestar was introduced in 2004, but it was essentially just a rebranded Windstar. While there was a redesign of the interior and exterior, the Freestar still inherited some of the design flaws of its predecessor.
Worst 2004 Freestar Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems62NHTSA complaints: 552
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 107
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 124
- body / paint problems7NHTSA complaints: 83
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 13
- AC / heater problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 81
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 258
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 17
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 79
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 25
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 29
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 26
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 22
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 18
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 3
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Freestar Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Freestar compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Freestar overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Freestar.