- July 23: Ford Transit Driveshaft Flexible Coupling Lawsuit Filed news | 3 days ago
- July 20: Ford Expands Chrome Door Handle Cover Recall recalls | 6 days ago
- July 16: Ford Recalls Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Over Torque Converters recalls | 10 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls Escape and Police Interceptors recalls | 27 days ago
- June 28: Ford Recalls 402,000 Transit Vans For Driveshaft Problems recalls | 28 days ago
2004 Ford Freestar
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Freestar was introduced in 2004, but it was essentially just a rebranded Windstar. While there was a redesign of the interior and exterior, the Freestar still inherited some of the design flaws of its predecessor.
Worst 2004 Freestar Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems65NHTSA complaints: 552
- electrical problems11NHTSA complaints: 107
- engine problems9NHTSA complaints: 126
- body / paint problems7NHTSA complaints: 83
- AC / heater problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 13
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 82
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 260
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 17
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 79
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 22
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 25
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 29
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 26
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 18
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 3
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Freestar Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Freestar compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Freestar overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Freestar.