- March 24: Ford Edge Door Ajar Light Recall Not Necessary, Say Feds investigations | 1 days ago
- March 22: Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Says Cars Overheat news | 3 days ago
- March 20: Ford Explorer Police Vehicles Get Carbon Monoxide Detectors news | 5 days ago
- March 15: Ford Recalls 2017 Mustangs to Repair Door Handles recalls | 10 days ago
- March 5: Ford Dual-Clutch Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Texas news | 19 days ago
2004 Ford Freestar
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Freestar was introduced in 2004, but it was essentially just a rebranded Windstar. While there was a redesign of the interior and exterior, the Freestar still inherited some of the design flaws of its predecessor.
Worst 2004 Freestar Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems64NHTSA complaints: 552
- electrical problems10NHTSA complaints: 107
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 126
- body / paint problems7NHTSA complaints: 83
- AC / heater problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 13
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 82
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 260
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 17
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 79
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 22
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 25
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 29
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 26
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 18
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 3
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Freestar Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Freestar compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Freestar overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Freestar.