- June 19: Ford Wins Lincoln Town Car Airbag Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- June 3: Ford PowerShift Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus news | 24 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 30 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls F-150, Explorer and Super Duty Over Bad Welds recalls | 33 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls Trucks With Aftermarket Door Handle Covers recalls | 33 days ago
2004 Ford Freestar
body / paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Freestar was introduced in 2004, but it was essentially just a rebranded Windstar. While there was a redesign of the interior and exterior, the Freestar still inherited some of the design flaws of its predecessor.
Worst 2004 Freestar body / paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- severe rust undernneath the gas tank filler door3
- complete corrosion of sub frame2
- rear lift gate latch assembly rusted shut2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body54
- NHTSA: Structure16
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members: Underbody Shields6
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 3
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door: Hinge And Attachments2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate1
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Freestar Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Freestar compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Freestar overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Freestar.