6.0

2004 Ford Freestar body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Freestar:

2004 Ford Freestar Owner Comments

Nov 302010

Freestar 3.0L

I love this van and I am still paying for it...I have really never had any problems other than this rust and I've seen it in the same place on other freestar vans...first it was just a bubble then 2bubbles then 3 bubbles than the little hole than it just started gettin bigger and bigger and now it's thru the first layer of metal and i sprayed stop rust on it and it seems to have slowed it down but it needs to get fixed..I have been searching online for other freestar rust problems for a year and finally a friend told me about the NHTSA getting involved finally ..only they are looking into the 3rd row seat latchs rusting out and now i'm worried about that...i keep my car clean and wash it aleast once a week in the winter because of the salt and i don't have a garage yet so the undercarriage gets washed to keep the rusting down..nowhere else is it rusting that i can see only in one spot..right behind the driver side slider door at the bottom corner of the wheel well underneath the gas cap door ..or picture this gas cap filler door straight down to bottom of the van the wheel well is rusted thur the metal ..other areas of the van don't have that, the other side doesn't look like that and it just ticks me off that ford won't fix this problem and that i have to scrap up the money to get it fixed myself... i could see if the van had rust all over it but it's just that one spot..something doesn't smell right to me..so i have been looking at the puter every now and again seein if ford is doing something about this..is there any hope????body work is expensive and i'm on a fixed income so i don't have money laying around to fix it.thanks for listening..

- , Bristol, PA, USA