- February 11: Ford Wins $3 Million Ford Ranger Lawsuit on Appeal news | 9 days ago
- February 1: Ford Sudden Deceleration Lawsuit Aims At Throttle Body System news | 19 days ago
- January 26: Ford Recalls F-150, Focus and C-MAX recalls | 25 days ago
- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 38 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 50 days ago
2004 Ford Freestar
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Freestar was introduced in 2004, but it was essentially just a rebranded Windstar. While there was a redesign of the interior and exterior, the Freestar still inherited some of the design flaws of its predecessor.
Worst 2004 Freestar engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- oxygen & MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensors failed3
- when damp, engine shudders2
- engine runs rough1
- Faulty intake1
- oil leak1
- NHTSA: Engine53
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling34
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control27
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine8
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Freestar Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Freestar compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Freestar overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Freestar.