2005 Ford Freestar engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Freestar:

2005 Ford Freestar Owner Comments

Mar 152008

I have a 2005 Ford Freestar. My engine failed in jan08 at about 47,000 miles. I had the engine replaced($5100). Within a day after I picked it up after the engine repairs I noticed jerking while driving. At first I thought I was slipping on ice, but then I felt the jerk when I was on dry road. I took the car back to worthington Ford. They said that they could not find anything wrong with the car. I took it home and the problem got I went again to worthington's and finally after a joint test ride the problem was acknowledged and said to be the transmission. I was told the this is a new problem that had nothing to do with their work on the engine. The car at the time of turn in would jerk severely and/or somes completely stop or not take off when gas petal pressed. The car would even jerk at a stop sign while at a complete halt. The fluid levels were checked when the engine was replaced and were good. The fluid level was checked when I brought the car in to complain about the jerking. Fluid was clean and full. Transmission failed................why?

- Fort Richardson, AK, USA