2006 Ford Freestar brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Freestar:

2006 Ford Freestar Owner Comments

Dec 022015

Abslight on.

- Okeechobee, FL, USA

Mar 012015

Freestar 6-cyl

I have a battery light that keeps coming on even after replacing the alternator twice and battery twice. The light still keeps coming on and will not go off.there I am driving down the road and everything is flashing and then it stalls. I have had both battery and alternator checked and they are fine. Wiring has been checked and nothing seems to work. Also I have replaced the breaks on the car twice and I still get a loud grinding noise when I go to stop. Ford needs to fix these vehicles. I have read in many forums that people are having the same problems with theirs and after spending a bunch of money trying to fix the problem it still is not fixed. I need my vehicle to run right without having to dump money into it all the time and I keep up with regular maintenance but this is above and beyond that and this is ridiculous!

- Troutman, NC, USA

Sep 022014

Freestar 6-cyl

I was driving down a country road and had just dropped my kids off thank goodness. Nothing seemed to be wrong when all of a sudden the engine revved high. I was try'N to look to see what was go'N on when I wrecked into the ditch about 60mph. Out of nowhere the transmission failed and was stuck N a ditch and no one to help.

- Kenova, WV, USA

Jan 162014

Some times while backing up the car would lurch. While driving the car would suddenly accelerate while cruise control was engaged oreven just by it self. Sometimes the car was having problems accelerating from a stop.

- St. Charles , IA, USA

Mar 022013

Freestar 6-cyl

When I placed the shifter lever to reverse the vehicle would not move backward. The torque converter had to be replaced. Brake booster had to be replaced.

- Rivercide, CA, USA

Feb 012007

Within the first year of owning this vehicle, we experienced intermittent problems with accelerating after a stop (either at a stop sign or red light or pulling out of a driveway). The traction control light would flash, and the van would not accelerate beyond 10-15 mph despite depressing the gas pedal to the floor. The only way to resolve the problem was to shut the vehicle down and start it again which clears the computer. There were several instances when we lost power while entering an intersection and were almost hit by other vehicles. We took the vehicle to two Ford dealerships, neither of which found an error code or could replicate the problem. There was no rhyme or reason as to when or where the problem would occur. It may happen twice in one week or six months could pass without an issue. We were finally forced to sue Ford under Pennsylvania lemon law. Approximately a year after the van was out of warranty, the van failed to accelerate while pulling out of my daughter's daycare. I drove to the Ford dealership at 10 mph and left it running. The traction control light stayed illuminated for once, and a mechanic was able to pull an error code for a faulty ABS sensor. I called Ford corporate from the dealership and had them pull up the vehicle records. To their credit, they agreed to pay the $1200 bill for the ABS sensor and another part related to the problem. I drove the van for another year and a half with no other ABS problems. An employee at the dealership advised me that when no error codes appear during diagnostic testing, Ford will not pay the dealership to troubleshoot. Therefore, there is no incentive for the dealership to put any effort into fixing a just costs them money.

- Hatfield, PA, USA