2006 Ford Freestyle fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Freestyle:

2006 Ford Freestyle Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jun 212012

Freestyle 6-cyl

While driving the Ford revs up and down, while it is doing this it lurches forward and I lose all dashboard instruments, I cannot use the air conditioning because it makes the problem worse.the scary part is I have my family in the car when all this happens. On Thursday June 21 I was driving down the highway at 50miles an hour when suddenly the car RPM revved up and down on its own the speedometer went out, the lights all flashed. The car was lurching forward, and it was worse when I was attempting to slow down. My daughter stated"I am scared" I cannot believe that this has not been recalled, when we were at the Ford dealership we bought the car from we told them what was happening, they didn't even offer to look at the car or seem to care. The problem is very unpredictable, one day it runs good then all of the sudden it freaks out.

- Oak Harbor, WA, USA

Jun 142011

Freestyle 6-cyl

My Ford Freestyle has had engine surging issues for approximately a year know. Today 6/21/2012 my car started surging at every stop light so severely if we weren't holding down the brake we would of hit the car in front of us. The problem became so severe we had to put the car in neutral at every intersection to keep car from trying to jump into the intersection and stall. Today's temp was in the high nineties and we were using the air conditioning. Today's incident was the worst its been. Went on line and search the symptoms and found that a lot of Freestyle owners are having the same issue. With the safety of the car owner and pedestrians that could be near the car in jeopardy. Ford should be recalling these cars and trying to find a permanent solution to fix this rather then charging the owners high dollars to replace a defective designed part with the same defective part.

- Springfield, MA, USA

Jun 102012

Freestyle 6-cyl

Car was sitting, parked in a lot, idling for about 10 minutes with the air conditioner running. When I put it in drive and let my foot off the brake, the car lunged forward as the RPM's first revved and then dropped. The car did this a few times, but once I got turned around toward the exit of the lot, it stopped doing it. About 20 minutes later, in a grocery store parking space, it did the same thing as I was backing out to leave. The car had sat running for another 10 minutes or so with the air on. This time however, the car idled up and then down, lunged in reverse, and then idled so low it died. Once I restarted it and finished backing out of the space, I turned the air down to low fan speed and the car was fine the rest of the trip back home.

- Holland , MI, USA

Jun 102012

Freestyle

While at a stop light waiting to make a left turn with the air conditioner on, the RPM shot up and the the car started to lunge forward. I almost hit someone in the cross walk before the car killed in the middle of the intersection. This has happen many times according to my wife this is her car and I never drive it. After reading all the complaints about the throttle body I decided to post my story. Please help before someone gets hurt or worse killed. Also it was hard to restart and very slugish till we shut off the air. My wife has told me that this has been going on for almost a year but that I really didn't know how bad it was till it happened to me. There really needs to be a recall on this before it is to late.

- Plymouth, MN, USA

Jun 192010

Freestyle

In the summer when the A/C is running when I'm backing up or pulling forward it many times will unexpectedly lunge. I've almost hit people and kids, cars, curbs, buildings, etc. Many of the times that it lunges it will stall or begin to run very rough. We have to put the car in park and cut off the car and restart. Many of those times it will begin to run normal but have a indicator light that it needs mechanical attention. Once the car is parked and sits for a while when it is started the mechanical attention light will discontinue. Yet every time the A/C is running especially on high it will lunge almost every time. It is very dangerous in that if my foot would not be on the brake hard enough when it lunges and a kid or person would be in the line of the lunging car. Dangerous!

- Lynn Haven, FL, USA