1. may be to replace ignition module, ingition stator/pickup (1 reports)
1995 Ford Mustang electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Ford Mustang:

1995 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jul 082008

Mustang GT 5.0L

My car has stalled on average 3-5 times per week last Friday it happened four times. Twice in the morning once after I stalled the car out in traffic waiting for the metering lights on the bay bridge. Would not restart after the stall for ~3 mins. After it restarted I drove up to the metering lights, another 5 mins and accelerated to join traffic. The car stalled for a half a second right after I put the car in fifth and the clutch was completely out. That evening on the way home I had the car stall as I put it in neutral for 5 seconds slowing for traffic. The engine died and I continued to coast for 30 seconds attempted repeatedly to start. I eventually stopped and waited with my flashers on for 3~4 minutes until it restarted. Today I purchased a cap and rotor, Ignition Module(Found out the two bolts need a special tool from Ford) and a Ignition Stator/Pickup. Seems to replace the Stator/Pickup you have to remove the entire distributor(not hard) and then pull the Drive Gear off(could be tough). I read about a lot of people who had this exact same experience and even a lawsuit that against Ford for the exact problem of the engine stalling during driving.

- , Alameda, CA, USA