$1,800.00

1. Replace head gasket (2 reports)
  2. have dealer fix this known defect (1 reports)
1995 Ford Mustang engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Ford Mustang:

1995 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Sep 262007

Mustang 3.8L V6

I, too, have had a problem with my 1995 Mustang. Ford had a recall going shortly after I purchased the vehicle in Jan., 2001. I never received the recall notice. However, I did receive a recall for the emergency brake, which tells me they had a record of my owning this vehicle.

I have, thus far, been swindled out of at least $2,700 by unscrupulous mechanics who did more damage than they fixed. My beloved vehicle has been undriveable for over a year now. Ford still denies any knowledge of this recall. They need to take responsibility for not notifying me about this. I don't have money to burn like these big corporations do.

- , Orlando, FL, USA

Aug 252004

Mustang

I have replaced the head gasket on my 95 mustang 3 times and it just blew again. Ford has a known defect and they won't own up to the problem. My suggestion to anyone looking at purchasing a Ford is to serious consider looking at another manufacturer. You cannot trust Ford.

- , Orlando, FL, USA

Feb 202002

Mustang

My name is Jennifer Alnithami. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. My Mustang is now in the shop for a head gasket problem. Ford issued a letter to me and other owners stating that 'IF YOU' are experiencing a head gasket problem (which my Mustang was not at the time), to have it repaired. I took it to the dealer and I was told I did not have a problem.

My Mustang has been a very good car. I have had it serviced frequently and until today have never experienced any cost to the car at all except oil changes, tires, battery and a timing belt. No problems with oil leakage. I had my Mustang serviced on a regular basis and the car never had head gasket problems until this morning. Now I am stuck for a head gasket job of $1500.00 and a day missed from work. Ford says it will not honor warranty because I purchased the car early!

The Ford Motor Company and its affiliate car dealers will not honor a 7 year 100,000 extended car warranty to my 1995 Ford Mustang which has 69,243 miles on it. The head gasket problem is a specific problem with that model year and has been identified by Ford in 1994 and 1995 model year Mustangs.

The Ford dealer would not honor the warranty. I called the Field Zone Representative. I got NO satification. Ford feels that they should not have to honor their warranty because I purchased my 1995 Mustang in 1994. I feel that I am being penalized for purchasing my car early!

Am I within my rights? Should they assume responsiblity on this head gasket problem because it is documented as a 1994 and 1995 specific problem of this CAR! Ford's solution to the problem was for me to purchase another one of their cars with a big discount and 6 years of payment. I said NO Thank You! I want them to pay for the repairs in full or at least pay half!

Thank You For Reading. I feel better already. Please email me with any comments or suggestions! (click send comment below)

- , Cincinnati, OH, USA