2. ignition antenna that connect security to the key (1 reports)
1999 Ford Mustang electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Mustang:

1999 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Dec 112014

Mustang 3.8L, V6

The 1999 Mustang stalled and would not start. Had it towed to local repair shop. They replaced the spark plugs, wires, PCV valve, fuel filter and exhaust manifold & gaskets for $1400. After the repair, the car failed to start again. Brought to repair shop and they could not duplicate the problem. Brought to another repair shop and they could not find a problem. However, it failed again, but finally started after waiting 5 minutes. We are afraid to drive the car because it may fail again at a bad time, like night. I would appreciate any suggestions of what to do next.

- , Morgan Hill, CA, USA

Sep 121999

Mustang Conv 3.2L V6

It was a really serious problem and would leave you stranded. There was no work around since it would lock up the ignition system to the car. Next there was no way to fix it other than through a dealer. No home repairs here since a computer program was needed to reset the cars system to accept the new antenna.

- , Penfield, NY, USA

Aug 022005

When I try to start the car it makes likes a crack sound and then it won't start. I've replaced the battery. I have to actually touch the battery post with my hand before I can get it start if I don't the car is dead. Nothing will work, not the radio, lights, anything. I think it's the alternator, can someone give me some ideas.

- , Whittier, CA, USA