2001 Ford Mustang engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Mustang:

2001 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Sep 152010

Mustang 4.6L V8

Well I replaced the intake manifold gaskets on my 2001 ford gt mustang 4.6L V8 right after that the knocking noise in the engine (mostly coming from the driver side valve cover) I have not really tried to diagnose the problem or done much research cause I'm not sure where to start. I have asked a few people but I think it has something to do with the timing but recently heard on the internet that you would need to rebuild the engine. I hope that's not the case. Anybody have any advice?

- , Canyon Lake, CA, USA