2002 Ford Mustang exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Mustang:

2002 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jan 012014

Mustang V6 3.8L

fails smog. i have taken it to get smoged and fails

I bought my car from a private owner in 2009. He bought the car of the showroom floor in 2002 with 11 miles on it. when I bought it the car had 27000 miles on the engine so I bought it from him.. while driving home after purchasing it the check engine light came on., I called the previous owner and asked why the light came on and he stated....... its always been on and he had cleared the codes before I had arrived to buy the car.. so I had no idea about the as the years pass I somehow made my car pass smog but now its not passing. I replaced the egr valve, the differential pressure sensor, changed sparkplugs ,changed oil, and still nothing can anyone give me some advice please?????

- , Ventura, USA