2. go to and order new ones..nice looking (1 reports)
2002 Ford Mustang lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Mustang:

2002 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Aug 252014

Mustang 3.8L

My headlight covers are a mess!!! I just bought the car & the covers make it very hard to see while driving at night. No accidents so far but they need to be changed ASAP!!! Why doesn't Ford do something about this??

- , Campobello, NB, canada

Nov 152006

Mustang V6

FORD HEAD LIUGHTS SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK................Tried lens restore kits......DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY....................Problem is they leak and outside lens hazes badly.(is that a real word.....baddley....Ha).............Go to AMAZON.COM...........Beautiful and the cheapest prices I've found...............Randy W

- , Jeffersonville, IN, USA

Jun 092007

Mustang GT V8

Headlights are faded and look scratched and dull. Will not come clean as condensation gathers on the inside. This makes it very difficult to see at night while driving. I know 2 other people with mustangs and theirs are doing the exact same thing. Looks as though they have mold or mildew inside of them.

I see people with much older vehicles (not Ford's) and their headlights are very clear so it's obviously yet another defect on Ford's behalf that'll cost me even more money to make my car appear decent looking along with NEEDING a PAINT JOB now due to the DEFECTIVE paint they used!! Not to mention having to replace the headlight covers to make it safe to drive at night!

My next car will not be a Ford...I can assure you and it's a shame because I love the body style. But Ford needs to correct these problems...not just in the future but for those of us who already own a Ford. They need to correct their defects.

- , High Point, NC, USA

Jul 012004

Mustang Coupe V6

The hard shell shield that covers the headlights are real awful. They limit my visibility and may cause me to wreak. Lighting is awful. Hard to see the road. Very corroded and mess up. I am very upset that ford did not make sure moisture and rain could not get inside.It has mess up the cover shield really really bad. I have seen others makes of vehicles go for years with no such problem. Slack installation and a safety issue for sure. I went to dealership and complained in 2004 and was only offer they could take them off and clean them in a solution, I pay or I buy new ones. Poor customer service and poor workmanship on the the cover shield for the headlights. The clear cover shield!!!!

- , Walterboro, SC, USA