2002 Ford Mustang transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Mustang:

2002 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

May 042007

Mustang SRS 3.8L V6

Well it is basically a leak in the front seal. Or so my father told me. My father is a mechanic, but is a bit unsure as to how the new model cars these days function. To him, it seems like a front seal leak. Also, it comes and goes, sort of, I think.

At first it kept leaking, and I just kept having to clean the oil spots that were left on the ground, then one day the leaks stopped.

I thought that maybe all of the leaking fluid had been drained or something.

But then about few days later, the leak started again.

I don't know what it really is.

I am just trying to figure out how to maintain and fix a 2002 Ford Mustang so that I can possible fix this car on my own.

I would tell my father who is a mechanic to help me, but I feel as though this is something I have to do on my own.

- , Albuquerque, NM, USA