9.9

2003 Ford Mustang brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Mustang:

2003 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jul 012004

Mustang 8-cyl

I purchased a 2003 cobra from prestige Ford in edmond, ok. I went to the dealership regarding a brake light that continued to light up on the dash. I also complained about the clear coat on the front passenger wheel. I was told to bring the car back when there was somebody with authority available to talk to. I took the car home and discovered a leaking brake caliper. The dealership knew the caliper was leaking because it was sitting on the showroom floor. Their attempt to correct the problem was to install another washer (not the correct one) on the caliper and over-torque the bolt to the point the threads were galled. I removed the incorrect retaining bolt and washer, purchased the correct ones, along with a new caliper. I checked the torque on the other three bolts and they were to factory specs. To discover that prestige Ford sold me a $41,000 vehicle that leaves the factory capable of 150+ mph, with a serious and dangerous brake problem infuriates me.

- Midwest City, OK, USA