8.0

1. fix weatherstripping (1 reports)
2003 Ford Mustang windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Mustang:

2003 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Apr 152008

Mustang GT Convertible 4.6L V8

So I was driving home from work one evening after a heavy rain. The car began to smell extremely HOT about the time I pulled onto my street. The smell was so strong that I could not find out where the smell was coming from! I parked the car far away from anything that could catch fire, and went to bed, thankful I had full coverage on the car. The next morning, I found that the smell was coming from the backseat area, took out the seat and figured out it was the Mach 460 amplifier. Upon further inspection, water had gathered in the top storage area, due to a piece of weatherstripping that was extremely worn for a 5 year old car with ~45,000 miles. The water had sloshed into the drain hole when I began to drive. This hole just happened to be positioned right above the amplifier, which of course shorted it out and fried it. My simple fix was drive without a radio for two weeks, waiting for the new amplifier bought on ebay for $45, and tape over the worn piece of weatherstripping area, since the car's top is also beginning to show some wear. Other than these problems, the car has been great.

- , Somewhere In, MO, USA