2005 Ford Mustang wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Mustang:

2005 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Aug 132008

All of my tires have bulges and pits in them. I've only had my vehicle for one year. The tires still have excellent tread on them, but they've developed pits and bulges. I never drive on the gravel and I live on a paved road. I took my car to my mechanic and he believes that the tires have some kind of defect. The size of my tires are 215 / 65/R16.

- Spiro, OK, USA

Jul 012006

Mustang 8-cyl

I started to have problems with the handling of my 2005 Mustang GT when I would drive down the road. It would swerve in the other lanes and it would hit the road bumps and holes like a "go kart" would. I noticed since I put on my 245/45/17 B.F.goodrich tires that I started having all these problems. I asked the Ford place what I needed to do because my tire in the inner part was wearing out and my fabric had started to show. The Ford dealership would not help me at all, all they would tell me is that I should have never changed the original tires and wheels. I have now american racing wheels with those B.F.goodrich tires still on, but I have not drove my car in about a week.

- Asheboro, NC, USA

May 072005

Mustang 8-cyl

I was driving approximately 75-80 mph on I-10 westbound in katy, tx on a sunny day, appx 90 degrees. I noticed the back end of the car sway from side to side. I slowed to approximately 60 mph and then heard a pop and the car started swaying almost uncontrollably and bouncing. Having experienced blowouts before, I knew that I had blown a tire. I pulled into the breakdown lane and noted the driver's side tire was completely shredded around the entire circumference of the tire at the sidewall. I had less than 200 miles on a brand new 2005 roush Mustang when this occurred. If I had not had high-speed driving training, I probably would have lost control of the car and crashed into the concrete barrier. I returned to the dealer where I purchased the vehicle and demanded a replacement at no charge. The dealer replaced the tire. I don't know whether the dealer destroyed the defective tire or not. When I asked the dealer what they found when they replaced the tire, the dealer stated that the tire was defective because there was no apparent damage that would have caused the catastrophic failure of the tire. (P 275/40 R 18).

- Houston, TX, USA