2007 Ford Mustang body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Mustang:

2007 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 012007

Mustang

Since new delivery, my car leaks rainwater onto the threshold to the inside of the door seal. To remove the water after it stops raining it is necessary to open the door and let it run out when doing this the water is not coming out of the designed drain holes in the door. When the temperature drops I get ice building up on the door gasket and threshold potentially locking me out or perhaps bending sheet metal. I experienced it once but was able to get in. My wife is 5 ft tall; there is no way she could open the door in similar conditions and she would be stranded. After 7 trips to the service dept with little or no improvement, Ford maintains that water build up like this is normal and according to design. I think water and/or ice damage will eventually reduce the structural integrity of the car. I had difficulty getting in the car once due to ice, so prudently have stopped taking it in rain or snow. The car is always damp feeling and musty smelling ( I have allergies) because I think the inner door panels have been soaked repeatedly. I have digital photos available. While appealing to the dealer board, the ri registry official claimed there was no record of complaints such as these at NHTSA, I seek to remedy that oversight. If you contact me I have complete details available.

- North Scituate, RI, USA