2007 Ford Mustang brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Mustang:

2007 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Nov 072014

The contact owned a 2007 Ford Mustang. While driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle surged forward when the accelerator pedal was depressed. In addition, the brakes failed to respond when the brake pedal was depressed. The vehicle crashed into a tree. A police report was filed. The front passenger sustained a laceration on the left hand, which required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 82,000.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

May 182014

Mustang 6-cyl

I was at the exit of a parking lot and waiting to turn out onto the street. When I began to turn, my car started to accelerate way faster than it should have. I hit the brakes but my car wasn't slowing down and kept accelerating. I hit the "off" on my cruise control thinking maybe it became active but nothing happened, as I began to come close to the car ahead of me I turned left onto the next street still hitting my brakes (at this point I had gone a block and a half with my brake pedal pressed in). As I turned, I had trouble controlling the vehicle I ended up hitting the curb with my front passenger side. After the impact the acceleration had stopped, I could hear something had broken, and felt it as I was slowing down because my car wasn't traveling straight and I couldn't turn easily. There were kids in the street that I didn't see before I had turned, I swerved again to avoid them (luckily just missing them because as stated before, I couldn't turn it very easily) and made it about half way down the block before my car came to a full stop (the entire time still hitting my brakes). I did not see the actual speed I was going, the car was accelerating rapidly and totally out of control. The car defect has cost me approximately $4000 in car repair fees and also depreciation. It was such a hard impact that I expected my air bags to blow, but they didn't. I hope they are not defective as well.

- Fargo, ND, USA

Jul 312011

Mustang 8-cyl

I have reported this problem before but since then two other people who have driven my car have experienced it. I now warn anyone who has to drive my car that it drives by itself. I have received dirty looks from people, been yelled out, due to this problem. It accelerates on its own. I will be behind someone at a light, foot on brake and it will start revving. They think I am messing with them. I will be in neutral and it will drive faster. I will be in reverse slowly and it floors. I had to be taken to emergency by a neighbor. I warned her and when we were returning home, she pulled in my driveway and it just started to speed up fast. She nailed down the brake. It scared her to death. She thanked me for warning her because otherwise we would have crashed and been hurt. She won't ever drive my car again. I had my car in valet in las vegas at green valley ranch and the guy working was pulling the car around to me and it was revving really high and wanting to speed. He was apologizing profusely. He kept saying he was not showing off or playing around. He kept saying he was driving slow, please don't think he was acting crazy and he parks ferraris! I told him it was okay and that my car drives itself and that I knew he wasn't responsible. He said he will never park another one of these again. He needed his job. How many people have to have this problem before Ford will acknowledge there is one. Is this like the whole Toyota thing" if there is a large lawsuit can I be contacted? does someone have to die first before they do anything? I know there are many more complaints on this issue than on this site. I have seen them but people seem to think this is useless. Is that correct" I would love to know

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Aug 192013

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that while servicing the vehicle, he noticed that the calipers were not the correct size and not wide enough. The contact stated he was a private mechanic where he diagnosed that the calipers, the brake rotors, and the brake pads needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 77,000.

- Brownsburg , IN, USA

Jan 102013

Mustang 6-cyl

The emergency brake cord broke.

- Buckeye, AZ, USA