2007 Ford Mustang fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Mustang:

2007 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jun 022015

Hesitation in gas pedal/throttle body. When pulling out from a stop the car will not take the gas until the gas pedal is down to about half throttle at which time it will lunge and I must let off the gas pedal only to repeat the process until the speed reaches about 30 mph. Very dangerous. This is a very common problem with this model, 2005-2014 Ford Mustang. I have three of these and they all have the same problem and the previous owners say the problem has been there since the mileage was pretty low. How many must die or be injured before someone forces a recall for repairs on these vehicles?

- St. Marys, WV, USA

Feb 032015

Mustang 4WD 6-cyl

This has happened multiple times, yesterday being the most recent. While driving down the highway, the car will drop into limp home mode and the check engine light will come on. It is the exact same problem described in Ford's consumer satisfaction program 13N03. They will not cover the Mustang, as it was not part of the program. It should have been.

- Phelps, NY, USA

Sep 062014

Mustang 8-cyl

Ford shelby GT500 2007, accelerator stuck! while going around some cars on a 4 lane highway at first I didn't bother to downshift and depressed the gas pedal to the floor. When I realized I needed to downshift and took my foot off the gas while depressing the clutch the RPM's went up and I immediately knew the gas pedal was stuck down. It felt like it snapped or locked down. Luckily I was able to keep control of the car by holding the clutch down and tapping (more like stomping) the gas pedal till it released. I feel fortunate that the shelby has a governor than keeps the RPM's under 6,000. My prior experience with older cars in my teens with sticky accelerator cables was also a life saver. I show this car and floor mats are a non issue removed while driving to preserve them. After I got home I was unable to duplicate with car safely turned off. Will contact Ford dealer tomorrow.

- Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Jun 072012

Mustang 6-cyl

I cannot pump a full tank of gas unless I stand there and pull the gas nozzle out every second!! it is driving me crazy! there has to be an issue with the fuel system and I have seen many complaints! Ford should fix and recall this issue!!

- Salinas, CA, USA

Feb 012013

Having problems filling up the gas tank to my Mustang. Sometimes, I can only fill it up with a few gallons before it shuts off and going to different stations doesn't help. Dealer said to try other stations but to no avail that did not work. I can still only fill my tank up about 1/2 way and that can take so long to do.

- Covington, GA, USA