8.7

2009 Ford Mustang brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Mustang:

2009 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jun 152009

Mustang

I rented a car from thrifty in seattle, and was assigned an almost new Mustang. I found it extremely difficult to brake with my left foot without also hitting the accelerator. The pedals were very close and almost same height. I considered the car undriveable. I exchanged it asap, no surprise to thrifty.

- Granite City, IL, USA

Dec 022009

Mustang

While driving at 25 mph and trying to evade a driver who ran a stop sign, I slammed on the brakes of my 2009 Ford Mustang GT. Even though my vehicle is equipped with an anti-lock brake system (ABS), the brakes did lock and the car skid leaving tire marks for several feet. I have owned vehicles equipped with ABS for at least the past 15 years and I have never seen this brake behavior across any of those vehicles as I did today.

- Doral, FL, USA