2010 Ford Mustang engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Mustang:

2010 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Feb 042016

Throttle throttle will stop working at times.has stoped about 5times. It did stop working @ 55 mph with traffic behind us.had to pull over before getting hit.shut car off-restart ok for about a week.check for codes-had P2104 and P2111 stored.Ford dealer sead throttle body needs replacing @ $434.38 plus labor.Ford has recalls on other makes-but not Mustang yet.I beleave they need to before someone gets hurt.

- Concord, NC, USA

Jul 012015

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) was received in July of 2015. After contacting the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. In addition, the contact indicated that the check engine light illuminated. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 64,000.

- Macon, GA, USA

Oct 272014

On Oct 27, 2014 I was traveling out of town onto our local highway. As I accelerated from 40 mph to the 65 mph speed limit the gas pedal continued to rapidly depress to the floor sending me up to 80 mph until I depressed the clutch. At that point the engine RPM skyrocketed, so I turned off the car, applied the brakes and pulled off to the side of the road. It was a frightening experience! I thought it was just caused by the gas pedal getting stuck under my new floor mat, but then happened 2 more times in the past 6 months, so I knew it was a mechanical problem. Since then I have researched on the internet and found lots of information and blogs from other Mustang owners experiencing the same problem and plan to make an appointment immediately with my local Ford dealership. Question: Why doesn't Ford do a major recall before someone gets killed?

- Lander, WY, USA