2010 Ford Mustang seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Mustang:

2010 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Nov 012010

I rear ended a large jacked-up truck that had a steel tube bumper at 50mph. The trucks bumper grazed the top of my front bumper and did extensive damage to my front end where the radiator exploded and the hood is touching the engine. But my airbag did not deploy at 50mph! when I hit the truck my car completely shut off right after the impact, but so did my ABS, advancetrac traction control and lights and chimes started to go off. If my car shut down due to the impact at 50mph why didn't my airbags go off? thank goodness no one was injured, but someone else may not be so lucky. With a lot more jacked up trucks and steel pipe bumpers I think Ford and other car manufactures need to Focus on a new safety feature and not just rely on the bottom section of the bumper getting hit for the airbags to deploy. My entire front end is pushed into the engine, but the bumper is intact except some scrapes on the top. I'm just scared to know that the airbags didn't go off at 50mph with that kind of damage on a 2010 vehicle!!

- Plant City, FL, USA

Jun 242010

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Mustang GT500. While driving at approximately 5 mph, the front passenger side air bag independently deployed. The vehicle security alarm then sounded, the dashboard lights all illuminated and the seat belt became increasingly tight around the contact. The passenger suffered injury to her right arm as a result of the air bag deploying. There was also damage to the passenger seat. The contact shut off the engine and depressed the brake and accelerator pedal several times in an attempt to reset the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the contact was awaiting a diagnosis of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 12,800.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA