2012 Ford Mustang engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Mustang:

2012 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 052013

Mustang 8-cyl

I had two incidents of unintended acceleration in my 2012 Ford Mustang GT automatic transmission premium pkg. These two incidents occurred on the same day March 5, 2013. The first was after I picked up my car from its garage of several weeks at lunch and drove back to work. I had gone about two blocks from my garage and was braking to slow down to make a right hand turn when the car down shifted and accelerated by itself while I was pressing the brake pedal. I was going about 5 mph when this all started. It lasted for about 3 seconds and then the car released and stopped the acceleration and I was able to slow down and make my right hand turn. I continued on back to work and complained to my co-worker about what had happened and how I was beginning to become afraid of the Mustang. He is my witness about this happening before the second incidence occurred. Later on I left work to go home and on the way home it happened again a second time only this time much stronger. I was in bumper to bumper traffic going under interstate hwy 820 bridge in fort worth to go under the bridge after going through a traffic light on each side to make a left hand turn to get on the West bound IH820. Well because of the traffic you have to stop at one light on the South side of the bridge and then again stop to get through the second light on the North side of the bridge to turn left. Anyway there was a large semi-truck hauling rocks in front of me and I stayed back about 60 feet so as not to get the rocks on new car. He went down to the other light which was red and stopped I was going about 5 mph again and started to brake way back from him because of the rocks and the red light. The car again accelerated on its own while I was pressing the brake pedal. I fought it the whole way but it would not let release till 15 feet from truck. I then crashed. I could have been killed!

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Dec 192012

Mustang 8-cyl

The problem with the vehicle started when I tried to start it. When I turned the key the vehicle took a few seconds longer than usual to start up. As I began driving down the highway my vehicle wouldn't shift gears out of 40mph and caused the engine to have high RPM. When I turned off the engine at a gas station and tried to start it back up. Vehicle would not start and I had to get it jumped. Vehicle still doesn't shift gears. This vehicle is only 1 year and 1 month old since I purchased it.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Sep 012012

Mustang 8-cyl

Clutch would not allow me to shift the car between 3rd and 4th gear I traffic. This is not a new situation the car has done this on and off since I bought it new I notice it after driving a long time or in fast moving city traffic.

- Mcintosh, FL, USA

Jul 052012

Mustang 8-cyl

Driving the vehicle in any gear, when gas pedal to the floor, the car will fall on it's face when reaching 3000 RPM's and up at all speeds. It misses and the ti-vct isn't engaging correctly. Oil level is full, and the spark plugs look great. The vehicle will not even throw an mil light. The vehicle drives fine at low RPM's, but once you down shift to go faster it feels like it misfires and the engagement of the ti-vct is coming in and out.

- Apo, AE, USA