5.2

2012 Ford Mustang suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Mustang:

2012 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Sep 042013

Mustang

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that the vehicle emitted a thumping noise. The vehicle was taken to a tire specialist, who inspected the vehicle and the discovered that the rear sway bar bushing had become prematurely worn due to defective material. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileage was 65,000.

- Stuart , FL, USA

Aug 012013

Mustang

Our 2012 Ford Mustang is under full warranty. When driving about 5 mph in parking lots going over speed bumps we noticed there is a creaking/squeaking noise coming from the front suspension. We took our car to the dealer we bought it from which was North park Lincoln and they cannot diagnose or find the issue. The first time we took it the mechanics said they could not diagnose the issue and they lubed the front suspension. Well the noise was still there and we took the car back to the dealer and they have yet to find an issue with the suspension. When we bought the Mustang the exact same noise occurred in the rear and the dealer replaced the bushings and links and the noise went away. We are trying to tell the dealer it's the bushing, links, and sway bar but they refuse to do anything. We are going back to the dealer to see if we can get them to replace the components of the bushing and links.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Sep 152012

Mustang

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. While driving about 20 mph, the contact heard a hollow knocking and felt as if something was loose in the front of the vehicle. The vehicle was inspected and diagnosed as needing a sway bar and bushing replacement. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 1,000.

- Natchitoches, LA, USA

Apr 152013

Mustang 6-cyl

122512 when going over speed humps vehicle makes squeaking noise. Dealer changed oil, rotated tires, and completed a multi point inspection. Suggested rotating tires and changing air pressure should help the problem. The squeaking continued but did not occur all the time. When calling the dealership after it persisted they suggested it may be the cold weather. 042613 called the dealership because after having tire pressure and tires checked the noise continued & was occurring over every speed hump, when I attempted to break pedal would not go down on 3 occasions, & when making sharp left turns the car made a knocking sound. I was also due for an oil change 20,000 mile service. The dealership serviced my vehicle 042713 and replaced the left/right inner tie rods but when they returned my vehicle the wheel was not aligned. The service department said it was because their machine was broken and when I complained they asked me to bring it back the following Tuesday (050213) to complete my service. They also made note there were unable to duplicate my brake pedal problems. In my service report they did not note the oil change, tire rotation, or service. When I mentioned this the advisor said it was completed. 052913 I returned my car to the dealer service department. I had my brake pedal stick 2 more times since my last visit, the noise going over speed humps returned, the knocked noise during hard left turns now also occurred during a right turn, & left side turn noise returned. Also oil setting reads only 86%. as of today (060213), I still do not have my vehicle or a clear answer as to what is wrong or will be repaired. After calling the service department on Friday (053113) & Saturday (060113), the service advisor only said they are ordering parts, the sales department would give me a call, & they may replace the swing arm.

- Grand Prairie , TX, USA

Apr 082013

Mustang

Upon going over small size speed bump, I noticed a clunking/grinding sound coming from the front end. I just had the bumper/quarter panel work done 2 days ago "first time hitting bumps". was told today that there has been a lot of complaints with this type of issue. Will be seeing a dealership soon.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

Dec 152012

Mustang 6-cyl

The vehicle began to emit an audible squeaking/clunking noise from the rear end when traversing bumps or pot ridden roads. I took the vehicle to the dealer on 1/4/13 and they denied the existence of the noise and I was told that there was nothing wrong. Picked up the vehicle and identified that the noise was in fact there, so I returned the vehicle to the dealer where they did further diagnostics and determined the the problem lied with the rear lower control arms and the connecting rod. They replaced all three and when I got the vehicle back, I noticed that both noise persisted so I brought the vehicle to my mechanic. He determined that the problem originated from worn out sway bar bushings and he also found my rear axle to be leaking differential fluid. Went back to the dealer and they disagreed with my mechanic and found the problem to be with my shocks and the differential fluid leak was "normal". my mechanic once again reexamined everything and persisted that the problem was with my sway bar. The dealer finally agreed to replace the sway bar and bushings and they also replaced both rear shocks. After this, the problem went away and has not returned. No further information on the rear differential fluid leak.

- Johnston, RI, USA

Sep 102012

Mustang 6-cyl

When traveling over large bumps in the road surface, the vehicle would emit an audible squeaking/groaning noise from the front end. It took multiple visits to the dealer in order for them to even acknowledge that the problem was even there. I was finally informed that there was a tsb for this issue and they replaced both lower control arms. On w/E March 23, 2013 this problem began to reemerge but the dealer has once again denied the existence of such noise. I have been told that I must wait for the problem to worsen before they do anything further.

- Johnston, RI, USA

Oct 202011

Mustang 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact was driving approximately 45 mph over a hump when a loud clunking noise was heard from under the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing where the technicians were unable to diagnose a failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 100. Updated 02/15/12 the consumer stated the vehicle would bottom out when he drove over a straight paved road. Updated 02/12/12

- Sharon Springs, NY, USA

Jul 072011

Mustang

While slowly driving around some pot-holes on a uneven pavement in a det. Mi. area, I felt and heard some loud squealing from under the front of the car. Seconds later I noticed the manual gear shifts were very stiff and had use more effort to make manual shifts. Days later, I took the car to my local Ford dealer for my 5000 mi oil change and inspection.after ordering parts, I took the car back and both lower control arms and bushing were changed. I am not sure if the mechanic also worked on the gearbox or not. For about a week the gear shifts were very smooth, but they vary now, from smooth to stiff.

- Wixom, MI, USA