2012 Ford Mustang wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Mustang:

2012 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Mar 022012

Mustang 6-cyl

Vehicle has no spare tire. I'm trying to piece together a spare tire kit for the 19" wheels that go with the V6 performance package. I'm getting wrong information from Ford about what is required. Being stuck without a spare can be a safety issue, but putting the wrong spare wheel/tire combo on the vehicle can create a hazardous situation.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Nov 012011

Mustang 6-cyl

Purchased 7/11 a 2012 Mustang with 9 miles on it. In less than 6 months. We have had two failed tires. A leaking transmission. Now the plastic part of the seat belt that hold the belt off the neck is broken and Ford refuses to fix it.

- Nixa, MO, USA

Nov 172011

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. While driving approximately 45 mph, the contact noticed that the rear passenger side tire had blown. The contact attempted to replace the tire with the spare and noticed there was no spare tire. The contact stated there was only a spare tire repair kit and felt that the repair kit was unsafe and would not work properly. The vehicle was towed to the dealer but the tire was not replaced. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 600.

- Camarillo, CA, USA

Aug 012011

I am senior citizen and love my 2012 Mustang, except that the V-6 model does not have a spare tire wheel. I am greatly concerned that if a large piece of metal ruins my tire or causes my tire to blow out, I will be stranded on a bridge, rural road or the interstate, without a spare tire to get me to safety. I would have to be stranded until help arrived, and what if at night, and I can;T get a new tire until the next day. This, I feel is a safety matter for the motorist. A MINIspare should be standard on all cars. You never know who might stop while you are stranded and attack or rob you. Even the police can't help you with no spare tire, and you have to sit in a dangerous place until a tow truck arrived. I complained to Ford and their reply was buy a GT V-8 model which does come with a spare tire and wheel. I feel this is a safety complaint and that Ford should supply a MINIspare tire and jack at little or no cost. Thank you. Updated 08/31/11

- Batavia, OH, USA